Service Fees

Page 2 / 2
unbeatabull, Dec 12, 8:41am
10w40 is the incorrect oil for a Falcon. No Falcon takes 10w40.

FG, BF and BA2 all take 5w30 full synthetic. AUII, AUIII and BA takes 10w30, again syntetic. Then E-Series and older take the cheaper 15w40.

And an oil change isn't exactly maintenance .

outbidyou2, Dec 12, 8:53am
This is what I am starting to hate about people. They gripe like shit when the tradesperson, whether builder or mechanic etc charge out at what it costs for the job to cover their costs and overall is an honest job. They then continue to bitch about the price of food at the supermarket and to rego their car blah blah. Newsflash. Things aint cheap anymore you pricks, we have overheads.

over and out

smac, Dec 12, 8:57am
Ha.no. The point is if you can obtain and onsell the amount of oil needed by a BA falcon, at the quality and viscosity needed, for under $50, I think you're on to a good little earner. If you can't, what was the point of your post!

llortmt, Dec 12, 9:15am
On some vehicles yes absolutely.

gammelvind, Dec 12, 9:17am
And a beer at a restaurant is $7.50, you can buy a box for not much more than double that.

utwo, Dec 12, 9:38am
I figured that the only explanation for $103 worth of oil was that it was fully synthetic. Surprised to hear Ford uses fully synthetic oil in a run-of-the-mill Falcon though. Would have thought 10W-30 mineral oil would do just fine.