Ford Explorer,What are they Like?

vintage01, Dec 11, 8:14am
Just like to know if they go OK,and what are they like on Petrol!Old Fart pensioner,Still need a towing vehicle.

kingfisher21, Dec 11, 8:20am
Best vehicle ever made!

outbidyou2, Dec 11, 8:29am
Crap, cheap for a reason I'm told

theram1, Dec 11, 8:30am

thunderbolt, Dec 11, 8:49am
Don't do it, unless you have plenty of money you wish to share with your mechanic and local parts suppliers.

trdbzr, Dec 11, 9:37am
They are affectionately known as Ford Exploders.

franc123, Dec 11, 9:38am
Big heavy unaerodynamic moderately complicated cheaply made American disposable vehicle, with very old engines that have been clumsily modded for the new millenium, transmissions that are a bit lightweight for the job and a whole heap of electrical issues. How cheap do YOU think they might be to run! Unless you are a wealthy old fart pensioner with a good roadside assistance membership you should not even be considering an Exploder.

icemans1, Dec 11, 12:52pm
PMSL, as it has been stated many times on here, people call them ford exploders.

icemans1, Dec 11, 12:54pm
OMG, that's beyond a joke LOL

drog, Dec 11, 5:32pm
Google 'The common law of Business'

smac, Dec 11, 6:03pm
That's actually not as bad as it might seem at first. Everyone seems to think "you can't kill a Camry", yet that site says they have had over 85 recalls.

Would I recommend an Explorer! No. Just saying look at it with some perspective.

chebry, Dec 11, 6:26pm
That perspective being it American so it will suck gas, it will drive American soft and wallowy, it will tow until the transmission grenades and by then you;ll realise you shoulda bought the diesel Landcruiser/Patrol/Landrover you first saw

smac, Dec 11, 6:50pm
Well, yeah, that too.

vintage01, Dec 11, 8:08pm
Geee thanks guys,glad i asked.cheers,happy christmas anyway.

tazcsv, Dec 11, 8:34pm
Find a good 80 series cruiser, you will never think twice about getting an exploder again.

harry353, Dec 11, 11:51pm
Get a Territory instead if want a Ford.