DIESEL STOPPED

roys351, Dec 19, 9:25am
mrs was driving her 3l turb hiace home and it stopped going will start and run for about 10 secs white smoke then die .any ideas about what may be wrong with it ! 1995 super custom 3l turbo auto.also can these be pluged into a diagnostic comp!

a.woodrow, Dec 19, 10:05am
Cracked head/blown head gasket

mm12345, Dec 19, 10:08am
Pessimist (you could be right - but I'm an optimist).
Hole / air leak between the fuel filter and injector pump (or similar).It's sucking air.Will blow white smoke and die and/or idle very erratically.
Blown head gasket, may also blow white steam/smoke, but might keep running on 3 cylinders - or even all 4 for a while.
One is cheap to fix - the other isn't.

roys351, Dec 19, 10:46am
not overheating

intrade, Dec 19, 7:17pm
first question do you add a diesel lubrication additive to your diesel or not!
if you do we can rule out that your diesel injector pump has done a poo , if not then that myght be one of the reasons why it stopped as diesel dont stop suddenly unless air got in there or something mayor broke. or the fuelcut silanoid has died. with commonrail its more difficult as its got loads more electronic crap that all makes it stop or not run right if one electronic sensor fails.
you can plug em in diagnostic but toyota are not so easy i have a adapter cablebut my obd2 only finds the voltage via that link cable probably need the toyota only diagnostic i found one on dx.com volvo toyota but not cheap to buy thereeither.
A rooted pump from a kz wont show in diagnostic. not long ago somone had a bearing collapsed inside pump. its the nz diesel that does this.

intrade, Dec 19, 7:38pm
95 wont be commonrail it be semi electronic post the engine number from under the bonnetor near seat wheel arche under carpet toyota list the engine nummber fully on the plate, and answer my question from my last post also.
i have to go out for a job now.

roys351, Dec 20, 9:24am
thanks all its not a falcon so it at the mechs now. i put a radiator in it about a year ago and swore i would never work on it again absoulute tourture its only done 160,000 all of my falcons have done 300,000 and have never had this kind of shit

ml6989, Dec 20, 9:48am
If it is a 1KZ-TE motor, I would suggest you check the exhaust gas recirculation valve. Mine has stuck open on a couple of occasions for no obvious reason reason. In saying that, it wont idle, but runs once given a bit of throttle.

intrade, Dec 20, 8:53pm
correct.you might be able to delete it fully just unplug the vaccume and block the hose and see if you do or dont get check engine light on or in other casesglowplug light flashing when egr is unplugged and ecu notices .

intrade, Dec 20, 8:57pm
dont buy a D4 toyota then thats 100times more issues then kz engine . ps kz crack heads just like everything diesel after 1987 from toyota last good one was the one topgear wanted to destroy that was 2.4 non turbo 80s to 87 model theres was 1987 2.4D ute i got the 2.2 same engine but 200cc less in my hilux now.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 20, 9:04pm
When you get it sorted I would advise you sell it. There are still some people wanting to pay stupid money for those (but they are reducing in number) so flick it while its worth good money.
With a sharp eye you should just about be able to take what you get for it and buy a significantly newer and more reliable common rail Mercedes van or similar. That's a far better prospect, and if you wind up in a collision you will be far more likely to keep your life and your legs.

tim41, Dec 20, 9:13pm
god your a knob end intrade,op dont listen to this dick

roys351, Dec 21, 3:49am
thanks will be going for a corolla or corona not diesel i hate vans but it was too good a deal to turn down