Importing a Landrover Freelander

masterkallas1, Dec 22, 10:09am
2 litre diesel.
Would it comply! Frontal impact! I can't define if it is an MA or MC class.
There seems a huge price difference between here and the UK, has anyone done this!

ducatiss, Dec 22, 1:12pm
Why would you even want to do this!

howie69, Dec 22, 5:36pm
No resale value in them, they are cheap as here, why import! Hate to say it but not as relaible as Japanese 4x4, parts much dearer. My advice forget it.

scarey65, Dec 22, 6:33pm
ask any mechanicand when they stop laughing !

haventrader, Dec 22, 6:49pm
My thoughts exactly. OP, not worth it. I'm not normally one to slander any cars, but the cost of importing one of these far outweighs its worth. Jump onto the UK LRO forum, and check the issues OWNERS are facing with their Freelanders. Feel free to ask them about the issues. They're a good crowd and will give you good advice. Cheers

intrade, Dec 22, 6:55pm
you better think about importing a Duster dacia next year they are good no frills low pricecars.
http://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/duster/explore/

intrade, Dec 22, 7:35pm
you have to whatch out euro 4 now for diesel and petrol. for nz imports if i recall correct.

masterkallas1, Dec 22, 10:31pm
Thanks guys, pretty much what I thought. Could have been an easy fix, best flick it off in the uk :-)

llortmt, Dec 22, 11:03pm
MC

socram, Dec 23, 3:00am
Here we go again.But a local diesel Freelander is fine.We are on our 3rd (second diesel) and wouldn't swap it for anything else in its class.I wouldn't bother importing one though.Seems rather pointless.
Just for the record, we have had zero issues with either diesel. Five troublefree years with the first (with a good trade in price) and just coming up to three years with the current one.Both friends buying Honda CRVs haven't exactly had trouble free runs though.

kazbanz, Dec 23, 3:01am
What year is the vehicle and what emission code is it!