Five injured in quad bike accident.

Page 2 / 2
dezzie, Jan 3, 8:37am
lol patiki, thats what we are saying tho.this latest accident is obviously being put down as a farm accident, when it happened on the road, with drunk people, who were most likely NOT farmers, yet they add to the farmers "tally" simply because they were on a quad bike.

lookoutas, Jan 3, 7:32pm
I've changed my stance somewhat on this. Seeing that they were on a road, and obviously travelling at more than putting speed - Idiots

I've rolled a quad at 0.1 KPH when the front wheel dropped in a hole that was disguised by long grass. I wrongly assumed that this was a similar mistake seeing as it was loaded to the gunnels.

mazzyz, Jan 3, 7:41pm
My apologies, I made the mistake of assuming these people were farmers riding a quad bike. Didn't think joe blogs public used these types of bikes as much but obviously they do, oops.

frytime, Jan 3, 9:23pm
nothing better than taking a quad or 3 wheeler down the beach in top gear on 2 wheels. its great fun. MOTOR BIKES DON'T KILL PEOPLE, it is always dumb arses riding them. same as cars and guns. i had my fair share of . ups. i'm still here. people need to learn what they can and can't do safely. any old jo blow can pick up a half desent quad off here for less than 4g see what people that have have hads years of practice do and stuff it up for the rest of us. get rid of the cotten wool and people will relise that noone is going to save them from themselves and they will step up

monkey_room, Jan 3, 9:41pm
They add to quad bike stats not farm stats. This is evident also because the police are saying they can lay charges seeing as they a
were on a public road. Regardless of all the splitting of hairs as an official card carrying member of the "fun police" I have to say that a simple thing thing like wearing helmets would have saved that little girl and many many other kids a lot of anguish pain and death possibly.I work in injury prevention for kids. Its not rocket science.