Selling problem cars as is.

curlcrown, Jan 3, 8:11pm
People aslway ask what's involved in fixing it or how much will it cost. If I had the time and inclination do go to that much effort I would do all that and sell it for more. How can I express this without sounding runde!

andy61, Jan 3, 8:17pm
What does runde mean!

kazbanz, Jan 3, 8:20pm
Thank you for your question. Im sorry I haven't gone as far as looking into the matter further than whats in the auction description.Please feel free to bring a mechanic with you when you view the vehicle

tmenz, Jan 3, 8:28pm
Red!

gammelvind, Jan 3, 8:44pm
Try and give as much info in the description as possible sadly so many here seem to be unable to read. I can understand the temptation to be rude when they ask questions, but as an observation, very often you will find that those who ask the questions are not the buyers, the buyer often is the one who actually has some clues and reads the info in the answers. I try now to answer the question not to the plonker who asked but the buyer in the background.

msigg, Jan 3, 8:58pm
Just say if it goes, what you think could be wrong" also don't quote me on that" and you can't be bothered fixing with it. That will be all reflecte in the price.Get signed paper stating details if you sell it, copy to you ,copy to seller, date name etc, witness if worried.

supernova2, Jan 4, 4:55am
Unless you know exactly whats wrong with it far better to say "has a problem with xxxx and i have no idea what is causing it nor do I have any idea of the cost to fix it.If you say its got a broken flux capacitator and I've been quoted $500 to fix it and it turns out to be something else you could be in the poo for misleading the buyer.

daryl14, Jan 4, 5:12am
How many cars do you sell to make this such a problem for ya!

Niice post, gammelvind.

Dumb buyers are probably easier to deal with than cocky ones who try to bully you into agreeing to some kind of imagined warranty or low ball offer.

ksam, Jan 4, 9:59pm
It doesn't matter what you say, when said car doesn't work, they will start a thread on here about how the seller didn't disclose something, and would it be fair to ask for their money back, to which they'll find a few giving them advice on how to recover their money.

gmphil, Jan 5, 12:52am
1 reserve has problem no mechanical minded so cant answer question inspection welcome worth more in scrap happy bidding

kazbanz, Jan 5, 1:22am
Yep---Im dealing with one of those at the moment. Even though the T and C say clearly that by bidding you are making an unqualifiedcommittment to buy he wants to bid then test drive after bidding. .

unideck, Jan 5, 1:59am
Kaz, we must have the same guy here lol, wants to hit the "Buy Now" then have it inspected!

franc123, Jan 5, 7:21am
Don't tell them anything if you genuinely don't know,, say that the car does this or doesn't do that etc, in fact keep it as brief as possible like gmphil says, the place is full of desperate fools who want to buy as cheap as possible and expect a lifetime warranty with it or even a full refund when whatever cash they've got left won't fix the problem.They also tend not to bring knowledgeable people with them to inspect either, If you go into some sort of technical explanation in q+a 95% of them probably won't understand anyway unless they're a mechanic.Also tell the buggers that the start price is the scrap price and no lower FPO's will be forthcoming either if its a vehicle of lowish value to start with.