Long queue to turn left at roundabout? no problem

tgray, Jan 6, 10:15pm
How about simply travelling down the right lane, going around the roundabout and then that long queue of left turning traffic gives way to you!
I have witnessed long queue's of left turning traffic at roundabouts many times, but never actually seen anyone do his. I can't see how it would be a ticketable offence!
Naughty! yes.
Illegal! Hardly

chebry, Jan 6, 10:18pm
Turning left from the inner lane could be your problem and you arent meant to change lanes on a roundabout

loose.unit8, Jan 6, 10:21pm
If you're on the inner lane, how are you meant to get off (or on) without crossing over a lane!

chebry, Jan 6, 10:31pm
Crossing lanes is how you exit but you must circulate in one lane not change lanes while circulating, dont you understand the road rules!

gmphil, Jan 6, 10:49pm
3 seconds of indication and no changing lane inside solid line i simply use right lane go rite round get off hehe

smac, Jan 6, 11:11pm
Think about it some more.there's nothing wrong with the move described. Turning right at a two laned round about you cross to the inside lane, circulate, then exit by crossing over the outer lane. This is no different, just that you've gone two more exits.

russ18, Jan 6, 11:21pm
Roundabout here in Lower Hutt where often see people doing that at peak hour. it is a bit rude.

serf407, Jan 7, 12:03am
Our traffic is tame compared to other places.

http://youtu.be/OuRPv3ACqyY

pico42, Jan 7, 2:03am
Not naughty, entirely legal.

marblicious, Jan 7, 2:09am
Any Auckland driver worth his/her salt would know that one already. Its up there with doing a "give way" left turn,A U turn then another "give way" left turn to beat a red light for straight through traffic.

johnf_456, Jan 7, 2:15am
Gives me fear just looking at it. Hell!

bashfulbro, Jan 7, 2:49am
Nah, just do as you please,everyone else does.

socram, Jan 7, 4:23am
Agree it is legal, not sure about the naughty though.Mind you, get stuck behind some nervous drivers and you'd wait all day for them to move.

Changing lanes within a roundabout is often required anyway, as if you enter a two lane roundabout to turn right, sooner or later you might well have to move to the left lane, as not all roundabouts have two lane exits.

Penrose Auckland roundabout has good lane markings.

loose.unit8, Jan 7, 4:27am
Yes.Do you understand my post!Where did I say anything about not circulating in one lane!I mentioned entry and exit

fordcrzy, Jan 7, 4:28am
this happened all the time at the welcome bay round about in tauranga so you had to give way to every freakin one. now they have a set of lights there which are so poorly setup it takes just as long in peak hour as they totally stuffed up the phasing of the two sets of lights and now the ques are just as long and we are 15 million poorer for it.

boss17, Jan 7, 4:30am
Why waste so much time. Just go down the right lane and then turn left at the roundabout and go off. it does happen and I didnt have time to swear when the car shot across my bow.

fryan1962, Jan 7, 5:57am
Nothing wrong with what you suggest, roundabouts are a traffic management tool, You have chosen to use it in a different manner, but in a safe Manner so no issue

tgray, Jan 7, 6:01am
Ok, I admit it, I have done this once!
Many, many cars stationary turning left, so I simply passed the 30 or so cars, went around the roundabout and the front car gave way to me, as the law requires and I was on my way.

socram, Jan 7, 6:53am
Good post!

laneyjan, Jan 7, 8:01pm
anyone seen the traffiic in Rome at rushhour.no wonder they are good race drivers