Mitsi galant 1.8l gdi wont start

pinga08, Jan 20, 9:02am
hi all a friend came back from holiday only to go out in his mitsi that had been parked up for a week and it wouldnt start.it will wind over and try to fire but not actually go.i have removed the rear seat and got to the fuel pump i removed the plug that powers the pump and turned the ignition to the on position and i have no power.i only get power when you turn key and engine starts to wind over im at a bit of a loss with this the engine is a 4g93 and the model is ca1a.

mugenb20b, Jan 20, 9:45am
1. Is there sufficient amount of fuel in the tank!
2. Check for spark and make sure the spark plugs and coil packs are clean and dry.
3. Check cam timing.

Report back if all of the above are OK.

phillip.weston, Jan 20, 11:06pm
The ECU only sends power to the fuel pump during cranking (start position) and when the engine is running. It will not send power to the pump with the ignition set to 'ON' and the engine not actually running. This is a safety feature most cars have.

Sounds like it may be flooded a bit - pull the spark plugs out and check their condition, dry them out and clean them up and wind engine over with plugs out to clear excess rich mixture out of the cylinders and then try again.

mechnificent, Jan 21, 12:24am
A rat got in !

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 1:56am
How did you get on OP!

pinga08, Jan 21, 8:45am
all good now pulled plugs out then gave them a clean up and refitted them.then looked at the petrol gauge and was reading 1/4 of a tank so the owner then went and filled a container and put about another 10 litres in still no go would wind over and fire but not continue to run.long story short the car was parked on the side of the road on quite an angle so we pushed it up on to the footpath to level it up and tryed again and wallah it started so the fuel was away from the lift pump in the tank being on the angle it was parked on.thanks to those that responded to the prob.

dasfi, Jan 21, 9:00am
My honda accord does same thing if back end is higher than the front, will not start if getting low ish,,