Nissan or toyota

00743, Jan 21, 7:42am
hubby is looking at getting a new ute and cant decided on which brand is best.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 21, 7:50am
New as in "Brand New"!
If not what's the budget!

If new absolutely not the Toyota and the Nissan is not really in the running either. Best new Utes are the VW and Ford.

00743, Jan 21, 7:52am
looking at $30,000

lazzo, Jan 21, 7:55am
Best value ute on the market is the Mitsubishi Triton, proven. But I quite like the Ford Ranger.

Toyota Hilux - overpriced, underwhelming and not better than any of the top 6 utes.

Nissan Navara - very dated now, good but not THAT good.

austingtir, Jan 21, 7:56am
Deff a Nissan then.Dont believe the rubbish jazz spouts second hand those amoraks, rangers and isuzu's are big money repair bills waiting to happen.

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 7:58am
Ford Ranger / Mazda BT50

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 7:59am
What drugs are you on!

msigg, Jan 21, 8:00am
Both excellent utes, Toyota is the biggest selling ute on the market, I like the look of the Nissan, anything new will have a warranty so go with what drives the best and looks the best. You could try the other brands as well, some will hold there price's a bit better, like the Toyota. Yea personal choice. Good luck.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 21, 8:02am
Oddly, you are better to spend the extra (even if you finance it) and buy a brand new one. Utes in that price range are generally not cost effective when you do the math.

I can go into the how's and why's of buying new and why the Ford and VW are much better options than the Toyota if you like. However there are a bunch of silly troll's on here at the moment (as you can see above) so if you are not prepared to listen and ignore the sillyness I won't waste my breath.

Up to you, let me know if you have an open mind and want to get into it further. Otherwise I will do something else with my time.

Happy shopping.

austingtir, Jan 21, 8:03am
Its pretty simple how much does an injection pump and replacement injectors cost on a bt50 or ranger. now price the same up on a nissan, toyota or mitsubishi.

austingtir, Jan 21, 8:06am
See even Jazz knows that out of warranty and in that price range you are mad not to buy japanese.

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 8:10am
Toyota pump was around $8k last time I checked, injectors were $800 each. Nissan's diesel starts to give problems with timing chains at around 200k mark and they are not cheap to replace either.

Mitsubishi Triton is a good truck, can't fault it yet. Early ones had weak gearboxes though.

the_chooky, Jan 21, 8:20am
You've come to the right place for advice.

austingtir, Jan 21, 8:26am
A D4D injector pump is nowhere near 8k even if you buy it direct from toyota.more like 2.5k or thereabouts.Expensive but not isuzu expensive.The timing chain issues on the yd25 are a bit overstated on here.They arent that bad if they rattle dont buy it.Although a metalic rattle can also be the belts which is normal and probably what alot of people mistake it for.Squirt a bit of water on the belts if it goes away its a good truck if not dont buy it simple.
Mitsi's are good they just drive shithouse (especially the autos they are awfull things to drive) compared to toyota and nissan.

00743, Jan 21, 9:07am
so nissan is the way to go then

thejazzpianoma, Jan 21, 9:24am
No, neither choice is logical.
Do the math and see for yourself.

r15, Jan 21, 9:53am
the question that nobody has asked- what does he do with it!

does it go around the farm!
does it get used mostly as a shopping basket!
wellside / flat deck!double cab / single cab!
is the backseat going to be regularly used!
do you plan to tow anything particularly heavy with it! if so- what! and how far / what terrain

with the answers to these, we could actually begin to suggest utes.

as an example a D40 navara is a poor choice if you like to use your ute in parking lots or in tight spots on the farm because of its dimentions and poor steering lock, however they make an excellent tow vehicle