Toyota Blade 2.4

mini-mac, Jan 22, 7:08am
Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2.4 "G" model & the standard version!
I know the "G" has half leather seats, any other diffs!

(Or should I bite the bullet & go for the 3.5 ! ;-))

westwyn, Jan 22, 7:13am
Go the whole hog, and plum for the Master G- stupidly powerful, great levels of kit, but you've got to appreciate the joys of torque steer. these are proof Toyota kept the petrolheads within easy reach at Design HQ.

skull, Jan 22, 7:17am
I've got the 3.5 non G version, glad not to have half leather seats but wish I had the cruise control that some of the G versions have. The 3.5 G version were like hens teeth when I purchased mine so I grabbed the best that was available at the time. Some of them have Japanese aftermarket exhausts on them, wish mine did, there's no exhaust burble whatsoever. If you can't get Cruise Control on a 2.4 then you're probably not missing a lot. Car is nice to drive, not racy at all. Nice to pootle around in and even better on the open road. I'm buying Saudi Arabia in weekly installments.

mini-mac, Jan 22, 8:47am
Do some of the 2.4 G's come with cruise control!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 22, 9:57am
For that sort of money you shouldn't be begging for basics like cruise control.
Do yourself a favour and test drive a MK5 Golf GTI or Audi A3 Turbo (same car different body) before buying one.

You are paying Golf GTI money, you may as well have the better car, the Golf will give you properly good economy too.

ace_me1, Jan 22, 10:02am
The G also should have 9 airbags. High spec cars, really keen to try out the master g!

gizmsme, Jan 22, 10:15am
Go the master G, .Envious!

phillip.weston, Jan 22, 10:31am
Agree! I would almost be looking at Golf R32s too.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 22, 10:36am
Even a Standard Golf of that age has 10 -12.

frytime, Jan 22, 5:55pm
the master is mean, drove one yesterday. shame i don't like cars tho, 4wd for me other wises id get one s14 turbo blowen away!

mary-jane, Jan 23, 5:01am
I just bought a 2.4 non G, the only difference I could see between the two was the half leather in the G, everything else looked the same to me.
9 airbags as well.

mini-mac, Jan 31, 10:20am
Well I'm about to find out a bit more about the 2.4.
Decided that was the one & I take delivery tomorrow.
Thanks for the imput :-)

shorebee, Jan 31, 9:28pm
get the 3.5 v6 aurion engine and tranny in a corolla hatch, mean, should be unnder 20k like an aurion, good on gas in the aurion so shouldnt be bad in a hatch