Nissan Avenir odometer bulb

rpvr, Jan 26, 3:22am
I have a 2001 Avenir W11, which has an LCD odometer and trip meter, which has become almost impossible to read unless in bright sunlight, or I shine a torch on it. I assume it has a backlight bulb which has failed. Question is, how do I get at it to replace it! Can it be replaced from under the dash, or does the instrument cluster have to come out! If so, how! I can't even see any wires in that area, looking up from underneath.

kazbanz, Jan 26, 8:06am
Mon I havent done any Avenir dashes but I've done a fair few sylphy ones.
pain in the rear end.
Remove cluster from the car.
-still no bulbs in sight.
Split cluster open.-ahh theres the bulbs inside.
Word of warning-don't bother replaceing just those two bulbs. Do the whole dash at once.Dunno why but the lil barstewards don't like being disturbed and you end up doing the job twice or three times in a row. cheaper to just replace em all at once

rpvr, Jan 26, 8:18am
Thanks. Maybe I'll get a sparky to do it and save the frustration. What do you reckon is a reasonable length of time for doing the job!

kazbanz, Jan 26, 8:26am
about 2 hours id say."shoudn't" take that long but honestly its a bleeep of a job.
if ya feel like goin for a drive theres likely a local caryard might be able to ffer more precise advice--can't think who though,.

johnf_456, Jan 26, 9:37am
Surely you know of some

jmma, Jan 26, 9:56am
Looks like you are on his app to

jmma, Jan 26, 10:32am
Good suggestion to replace all, you will see why if you take it apart (o:

rpvr, Jan 26, 10:28pm
Thanks for the tip about replacing all bulbs - I will probably get someone to do it for me and forewarned is forearmed.

rpvr, Jan 26, 10:30pm
Unhelpful

kazbanz, Jan 26, 11:15pm
Give the guys at Auto Electrix west city -railside ave a yell Brendon is a nice bloke and easy to deal with.

jmma, Jan 27, 2:28am
Geeze, someones on a roll.Hopefully it will never need our help )o:

rpvr, Feb 7, 8:17am
Been looking for someone to do this for me but as it doesn't affect the running of the car, haven't settled on actually getting it done yet. It's been consistently not working since I first posted, then this afternoon I hopped in the car, turned the key, and lo and behold, it's working again. So obviously not the bulb. Any ideas what else! I hate intermittent problems, could have spent a couple of hundred bucks to pull the cluster out, only to find the problem is somewhere else!

cowlover, Feb 7, 12:50pm
Could actually be the bulb.The constant moving as you travel could have caused the broken filiament to rejoin.It wont last long.Otherwise its a dirty connection in the cluster plugs etc.

snoopy221, Feb 7, 12:58pm
Word of warning-don't bother replaceing just those two bulbs. Do the whole dash at once.Dunno why but the lil barstewards don't like being disturbed aAnd a BIGGER A.
Sheesh WHO! would NAME a bar steward_ Ya KNOW

LOL

kazbanz (31 )9:06 pm, Sat 26 Jan #2