Good little car for 4 - 6k

janice9, Jan 27, 8:25am
I'm looking for a reliable little car.I was thinking maybe a toyota corolla.What other little cars are good little runarounds!It needs to be easy and cheap to get parts for, I'm still traumatised over the cost of repairing a European car.

kazbanz, Jan 27, 8:29am
Toyota Vitz 1300ccNisan March 1200cc (new shape) mazda demio 2002 or later--all economical reliable and trouble free

monaro17, Jan 27, 8:33am
Honda Jazz (manual), Daihatsu Sirion, Nissan March, Mazda Demio

kazbanz, Jan 27, 8:37am
-mate--the budget is up to 6 k -manual jazzz/fit for that money is a bit hard I reckon

jmma, Jan 27, 8:38am
Don't want to traumatise you again, but any chance of a quick run down on your euro problems and cost.

monaro17, Jan 27, 8:39am
True, didn't think about that one whoops. The others should fit the bill though

janice9, Jan 27, 8:53am
Thanks for the suggestions. They are looking good!The european car causing the grief (I'm breaking out in a sweat just thinking about it) is a Volvo XC 70 diesel.We only have the one car in our family of 5, and it has been off the road more often than on it over the past few months.It has cost us nearly 6k in repairs ( mostly transmission problems) and its still not right.Hence the need for a reliable car.

jmma, Jan 27, 8:58am
Family of 5, might need a slightly bigger car than Corolla etc.
What sort of running around do you do.

supernova2, Jan 27, 9:04am
Did your Volvo come from Singapore!Also if its the same problem not fixed properly you have grounds under the GCA against the repairer to put it right at their cost.

kazbanz, Jan 27, 7:38pm
You ain't owned a singers ovlov have ya! Fix one thing and something else WILL break/stop working a few hours/days/weeks later.
--ohh and um yes I do so yep i know-last owner had a repair list fairlly long. Ive already had AFM issues and an oil leakin 2 weeks