Toyota WIsh

madeinoz1, Feb 8, 5:53am
looking at two models. 1.8l and a 2l both 2004. Whats the difference if anything !

trouser, Feb 8, 6:20am
If the 2l is the d4 direct injection model then steer clear.

If not then the 2l have a cvt trans if you can live with that.

madeinoz1, Feb 8, 7:39am
How would I know which one it is . Sorry I'm a clueless woman trying to learn. What's wrong with a cvt trans and d4 !. need more specifics and lamens terms please. Thanks

madeinoz1, Feb 8, 7:40am
Vvti transmission !

kazbanz, Feb 8, 9:08am
madeinoz1 -Ok I'll make it simple for you. DON'T buy a 2.0l wish!
A more in depth reply is that the 2.0l uses a D4 engine which I have no faith in at all because they are well known to give issues.They also have a CVT transmission which although Ive heard of no issues with TOYOTA cvt transmissions I'm still wary of in bigger engined vehicles.
On the other hand the 1800cc version is an utter cracker of an engine.
Its mechanically a Toyota Corolla or Feilder Automatic. So its got the VVTi engine and a normal solid auto box.

haventrader, Feb 9, 6:33am
We have an 1800cc Wish. I was in the same predicament prior to buying ours, and the advice then was the same - steer clear of the 2.0l. But as Kaz points out, I have not seen or heard of anyone having issues with these. I did drive a 2.0l model prior to settling for the 1,8l, but other than the gearbox, could not really tell much difference. Possibly slightly faster acceleration!
The Wish comes in various (subtle) spec differences which include alloys, front spots, leather etc. The Z version has a body kit but from memory is only available in the 2.0l. They are very practical cars and we find ours incredibly economical (best run 6.0l / 100km). As with most Toyota's, they are reliable to the point that they're almost boring. If you'd like more info get in touch through my current listing. Cheers