New VF Commodore pics

Page 1 / 2
croco1, Feb 10, 12:24am
That first pic, I swear you are looking at a Merc

thejazzpianoma, Feb 10, 1:02am
Yuck,
Its like they have tried to knock off a Mercedes front but somehow "Koreanised" it and slapped on some garish daytime running lights that look like they came from the sale bin at Jaycar.
Not content with that they seem to have plagiarised the rear end from an American Honda or some sort of JDM Nissan attempt at luxury, yet managed to make it more bland.
I pity the fools.

wasser61, Feb 10, 1:08am
That's not bad looking, shame it will be the last Australian designed car. I see they have finally managed to get the cruise control onto the steering wheel.

http://news.drive.com.au/photogallery/drive/new-holden-commodore-vf-20130210-2e64k.html

neo_psy, Feb 10, 1:33am
Meh - it's alright, I guess.

They'll flog squillions to the fleet market, and the fanbois will be happy.

Does this one have ISOFIX points in the thing! And if not why! When are the Aussies going to catch up and put them in!

croco1, Feb 10, 2:25am
Yep it's starting to grow on me, the SV6 & SS models will look good I think

jason18, Feb 10, 2:28am
I like it

monaro17, Feb 10, 2:29am
Firstly Jazz it is not "yuck" it may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is not "yuck".

Secondly I am hardly surprised you do not like it- you liking it would be like admitting something non-European was half good.

bellky, Feb 10, 2:32am
Looks like a bimmer.

croco1, Feb 10, 2:40am
Push button start and and flick a switch to release handbrake

franc123, Feb 10, 2:43am
Excellent, your comments will be viewed positively by Holden, that means it will suit the US market perfectly.

clark20, Feb 10, 3:14am
I trying to like it.because it will be my next car

Interior's great, I just can't warm up to the lights, the curve and then straight, its just not right

albundy, Feb 10, 3:16am

bigfatmat1, Feb 10, 3:34am
Wonder what operating system it runs

monaro17, Feb 10, 5:40am
I knew the design rang a bell and that's it! I initially thought the front was similar to the Honda legend and the rear to some vw passats

ksam, Feb 10, 5:48am
You're a hard man Jazz.

marmar1, Feb 10, 7:30am
The car looks like koreans designed it,give me falcon.

stinkydog1, Feb 10, 7:56am
not overwhelmed by it, its quietly growing on me, HSV may be able to give it that testosterone look to spruce it up

vjregal770, Feb 10, 8:01am
I thought Passat too. And lazzo nailed it with the Sebring comparison.

It looks fine in a "meh" sort of way.

grangies, Feb 10, 8:26am
I think the whole Australian new car manufacturing trade will come to a halt.The Aussie $Dollar is too high to compete.

It's because GM Holden is just a name, and it doesn't belong to Australia. USA owns it. God Bless America LOL.

steve56467, Feb 10, 8:40am
Back end looks like a lancer!
Front end looks korean or like other models mentioned above.
I think grandad will find it just fine.
Brilliant for sales reps who want a car to stand out in a carpark in a 2002 mondeo type of way.

croco1, Feb 10, 8:58am

wasser61, Feb 10, 9:23am
Same as the new Falcon will be the new Ford Fusion/Mondeo.
There is just not the market there to spend the money of the numbers that they sell.
Bit of a shame, but the world changes.

mantagsi, Feb 10, 9:45am
I always liked the fact that (well, in the past anyway) a Euro car looked like it was from Europe, a Jap car from Japan, and an Aussie car from Australia, and a French car *unmistakably* from France etc etc.

Unfortunately, the VF is the latest in the line of cars from all marques that blur the lines more and more towards universal motoring homogeny. (IMO)

It looks OK I guess. I'm not an expert on Aussie cars by any means but this VF, perhaps it is good that it is the last Commodore, it really looks like Holden have lost the thing / je ne sais quoi that made a Commodore unmistakably a Commodore. The VE had some of it left, but the VF just seems like it is borrowing too many elements from other manufacturers / regions, and it just doesn't work for me.

But as others have said, it will sell heaps and be popular just because of what it is, so thats OK in the end I guess.

ree6, Feb 10, 9:48am
I'm surprised you're not blaming the cops.

nave12, Feb 10, 10:17am
glorified turd