Police driving scares me

Page 2 / 2
liggy2, Feb 10, 6:56pm
I bet you would complain if they were coming to help you and they took forever to get there - get a life move over or stop and let them do their job!

hpaul, Feb 10, 7:16pm
I approached a blind left hander at Viaduct Basin a while back and was confronted head on with a police car coming towards me on my side of the road completely sideways, driver on full opposite lock battling to get the back end in line - no lights no sirens.

The donut force was strong that day.

klrider, Feb 10, 7:25pm
Dont sweat it, there are people here who will always have a chip on their shoulder and cops can never do right and 'everyone they know' all hates cops and they convince themselves this is a normal cross section of society.Then they like to take stories, (like ones about doctors being stopped speeding in the middle of the night, who then get pulled over and run like babies to the media even thought they accept they didnt tell Police the nature of the emergency) and put their own spin on them to bolster an already entrenched opinion. But dont sweat it, because generally these people will also run like babies to Police when they need them, but of course would never admit that was the case.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 10, 8:25pm
The trouble is the propaganda in the media is so effective that until people see the state ofthings first hand (sometimes it takes several times) they just blindly defend the sham that is our Police.

It's hard to fight the effects of millions of dollars worth of scientifically crafted social manipulation.

itsbutters, Feb 10, 9:58pm
You were blocking a police car responding to an emergency. Oh you poor thing, you must have been so frazzled

gedo1, Feb 11, 2:34am
Is this the one in the Wellington area that involved a relation/acquaintance of yours, Jazz! Careful how you answer this. you know there is more to this than you have intimated here - more facts that tell a somewhat different story. Cheers to you in the BOP and hope your day is as sunny and pleasant as it is here in jafaland!

rpvr, Feb 11, 2:39am
Gee, I would hate to be driving on the motorway anywhere near several of the posters here, who on hearing a siren or seeing flashing lights would just head for the left across several live lanes. Or when there is no cop to worry about, would drive down the left lane until they wake up that it's "exit only" and then suddenly veer to the next lane. Seen that several times.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 11, 2:42am
No, not a relative of mine (possibly melding a few of my stories together, I have had quite a few experiences I have posted about).

I was just referring to a thread about an article in the paper, people were only going on what was in the article at the time (not sure if more info has surfaced since) and on that basis were happily defending the Police.

What was in the article (which people were going on) was that the Doctor did not have his official doctor I.D with him but still made it clear that he was a doctor rushing to a life and death emergency.

Instead of following the Doctor to the hospital to confirm the story without delaying the Dr,the Cop chose to piss about and waste time on the side of the road while a patient lay dieing.

I would be interested to read any further info that came to light if you are aware of any. I understand the Doctor was pretty agro but that was understandable I thought.

Weather is fantastic here today too. just lying here resting up as I overdid it a bit at the weekend. Have a great week!

gedo1, Feb 11, 2:56am
Jazz, I always enjoy all your posts but am beginning to believe that like me you are an older person subject to frailties of memory.Just to point out that your initial post in that doctor thing you did claim and defend that the dying person was a relative.However you later admitted they were not so good on yer mate!I have also noticed that any post that hints at the name Police will eventually have you on it and so I have to admit I hover to see when you will weigh in. I am not getting at you, quite the contrary, I believe most of your posts are interesting informative and helpful and I would never like to see you face a ban as so many other informative posters seem to suffer.For that reason, mostly, I do pick up your little idiosyncrasies and point them out to you hoping that you will not offend more sensitive souls.I suppose occasionally you get frustrated by what appears to be biased and uninformed posters but I do wish you wouldretain your obvious dignity and not seem to give them derogatory names etc.Fair enough!More power to you, buddy!

supernova2, Feb 11, 3:06am
And I bet you if you had t-boned the 5-0 it would have been your fault.I think I'll just go out and paint some blue and white squares, with a few yellow and orange thrown in, onto my car as obviously that then provides some sort of force (no pun intended) field which will then make the drive invincible and even better always in the right.

We had a local incident with a cop with the misses (mistress!) in the front seat of the blue and white with the kid on her lap.Reported result nil.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 11, 3:18am
No, not that old.

Feel free to post the link to the thread where you think I have changed tack.

I think you are confusing the above with the story about my relative whom died unnecessarily due to Police incompetence. I don't usually post much about it, but may well have posted a reference in a thread about the Dr on the Wellington Motorway. (hence the confusion)

In the case of our family member the Police were contacted via the 111 service and dropped the ball instead of passing the information over to the appropriate rescue department in a timely manner. Family member could have definitely been saved had the Police not wasted so much time.

Sorry, that sounds a bit cryptic but I don't like to mention it too often or go into much detail on a public forum.

If I pointed out that the person involved was not a family member it would not have been to admit that I had mislead people (because I hadn't) it would have been to point out that it was a different incident. My posts are often lengthy and with two similar issues going on I can understand the confusion.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 11, 3:24am
No point in reporting road Policing related issues to the Police complaints authority as they came out point blank and told me they don't investigate them (I suspect as there are so many!).

I suspect I may have made a difference by reporting an incident to the senior officer on duty by phoning the local station though. I reported the cop I mentioned above radaring in dangerous places and they sounded pretty keen and said the matter would be taken seriously. Had a similar response when I reported a cop blinding traffic by having his light bar spotlights on while pulling people over down the street from me.

You never know though, they may just be saying the "right things" when you ring up, there is no way of knowing.

gedo1, Feb 11, 5:48am
Keep smiling Jazz.