So, are NZ Police.

Page 1 / 4
moosie_21, Jan 1, 10:04pm
Going to man up and own this one just like they always own every single holiday where the road toll is lower!

You can't pick and choose when you're in as deep as they are regarding the road toll!

http://news.msn.co.nz/video.aspx!videoid=ce04743f-9341-41f7-a393-7d31300abad7

berg, Jan 1, 10:15pm
So the police have to own 3 multiple fatality crashes caused by idiot drivers. No, that's where personal responsibility needs to take account

vtecintegra, Jan 1, 10:16pm
The point is they take full credit when the number of fatalities is low. If you're going to own one you have to own the other.

moosie_21, Jan 1, 10:19pm
You totally missed the point berg.

rob_man, Jan 1, 10:22pm
You could infer that the recession has bottomed out through the last year (lower toll) and is now on the rebound (increased toll).
That's the way I saw it.

moosie_21, Jan 1, 10:25pm
Yerr, maybe, but wages haven't increased, and fuel remains at the same exorbitant rate, and a lot of people are still unemployed (can't wait til the Euro self-implodes, isn't going to be pretty.). I'd put it more at the element of chance for this year being higher really.

nightsky1, Jan 1, 11:14pm
the lowest road toll in 50 years
and It's all down to the petrol price.
All hail the moose head.

richard198, Jan 1, 11:58pm
A link about smokers!

arandomusername, Jan 2, 12:00am
Where have the police ever taken "full credit"! In every single news article I have seen, the police acknowledge the public, safer cars and roads as playing a part in the reduction in the road toll.

wrong2, Jan 2, 12:04am
point successfully missed, thread successfully trolled

one gold star for berg please

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 2, 12:07am
That's not what he's saying.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 2, 12:09am
Perhaps not "full credit" but a lot of it.
http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/28284.html
""We believe that lowering the tolerance has made a real difference to the number of deaths on the roads over the holiday periods", said Superintendent Paula Rose, National Manager Road Policing today."

gammelvind, Jan 2, 12:12am
Why the hell do people start threads trying to put the police down, they may not be perfect but we should be trying to support them, their intention is primarily to protect us, often from ourselves.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 2, 12:15am
I don't support the pushing of propaganda of any kind based on over simplistic buzz phrases.

flitt, Jan 2, 12:25am
Oh yeah, that is soooo 'mainstream'. It's as old as that old chestnut 'smoking kills', and then I saw a guy happily smoking a ciggie - he didn't die! Silly propaganda.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 2, 12:34am
Did I say anything about smoking! Nah.

moosie_21, Jan 2, 12:57am
I'm not putting them down per say, I just want them to own every part of what they're pushing, not just the positive aspects. Because if they don't it looks like they have also succumbed to the "I didn't do it, it isn't my fault, pass the blame" generation.

arandomusername, Jan 2, 12:59am
In the same article police say: "There are many factors involved in reducing fatalities on the roads but this is one thing that we can do that is making a difference. We are also working with our road safety partners to make every journey safer."

Sounds fair enough!

elect70, Jan 2, 1:23am
who are their "road safety partners "!LTA !courts !AA !. Modern cars probably have more to do with it ,ABSSRScrumple zonesside impactbars .

arandomusername, Jan 2, 1:44am
I agree. So do the police: "Mid-South Canterbury area commander Inspector Dave Gaskin attributed the results to enforcement, education and engineering."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/news/6206932/Lower-road-toll-delights-police-chief

mrfxit, Jan 2, 2:07am
Speed alone never kills
Idiots & Speed do

Really tho . a suitable idiot can make anything kill at any speed not suitable for the environment (even then, yes)

thejazzpianoma, Jan 2, 4:05am
That's the problem though, their intention is NOT primarily to protect us at all. That's the whole point!

arandomusername, Jan 2, 4:14am
What is their intention!

scotty20001, Jan 2, 4:19am
revenue gathering for the government and pissing off the average motorist, they make it a crime to actually be a driving enthusiast in this country.

arandomusername, Jan 2, 4:20am
They don't set the fines or make the law.