Anyone own a toyota Passo

jaybee6, Mar 11, 8:24am
If so how do you find them. I am thinking of buying one. Thanks in advance.

nightboss, Mar 11, 8:40am
I know cut and paste is cheating but this is good information about what you ask.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Passo

mugenb20b, Mar 11, 6:34pm
I don't own one, but we do service a fleet of Daihatsu Sirions (Toyota Passo is a rebagded Daihatsu) and I have driven many. Some have 3 cylinder engines. Excellent cars, very well made, not bad to drive either, good amount of interior space for such a car.

jaybee6, Mar 11, 7:17pm
Thanks for that. Just that I am buying online and not going to be seeing it or driving it before I get it. That was helpful thanks for that has made me feel better. I like the look of the car and seems to have plenty of room. Cheers.

jaybee6, Mar 12, 1:08am
Thanks for that I am going to go through with the sale I am sure they are just fine.Just want some reasurance. Cheers.I will be getting the 1300.

jaybee6, Mar 12, 1:09am
Can anyone tell me about the seat height. I have heard you can make them higher so it is just like stepping into the car without bending. Is this correct.

grangies, Mar 12, 9:10am
Rust will be the first thing to kill it,

I believe the Daihatsu Sirion / Toyota Passo has a very poorly built body.

All good if the mechanicals are fine to last for many many K's and years. But once the sheet-metal fails WOFs due to rust, the car is written off.

They are rusting already less than 10 years old.

jaybee6, Mar 12, 10:16am
Lol what car does not get rust at some stage in its life and they are all made from the same sheet metal. No plastic cars out yet so will have to stick with what is a available. thanks for your input anyway.

kazbanz, Mar 12, 7:15pm
Jaybee-I 100% promise I will not rubbish your choice but a link to the auction would be usefull. Then we could offer specific advice on that particular car

supernova2, Mar 12, 9:41pm
I can't believe that OP is buying a car unseen but ever worse it appears it's a model they have never seen or driven or know anything about.I've bought cars at auction etc unseen but only when I know what the car is, ie I've driven that model before etc.

grangies, Mar 13, 3:24am
The are not at all made from the same sheet metal.

And the main factor is the factory coating that goes onto the steel. A lot of auto companies are zinc/galvanizing their car bodies as a protective measure to stop rust.

A Toyota Passo / Daihastu Sirion has just very thin etch primer surfacer, followed by a quick coat of base colour. Then a piss thin coat of 2k clear on top.

It is a considerable factor in why a Sirion is so cheap to buy when brand new. A galv coat, followed by a premium paint finish would add a considerable amount to the build costs.

nightboss, Mar 13, 6:05am
No car manufacturer is building their cars to last decades anymore. They are appliances aimed at the first buyer.

Even the ones aimed at motoring enthusiasts have a very short life compared to those our previous generations had.

Why would you design any car to be on the road in 20 years, that could affect the chances you have of selling into the future.

As long as it lasts 10 years and can do 200,000km without major failure.

How many cars sold new in 2003 are still with their original owner! As a percentage I doubt it would be more than 1% or 2% .

A Daihatsu Sirion/Toyota Passo is a transport appliance.

r15, Mar 14, 7:03am
I put 20000km on a 1.3 sirion, manual.Was quite a fun car to drive spiritedly