Mitzi lancer q

kezza46, Mar 9, 4:27am
so the mrs car failed wof on a broken front engine mount on a 1990 mitzi lancer,(lovely east chch roads paid a part in it I think) does anyone know if the mounts changed over the years I.E would a 1995 (or other year) one fit! can find one from 95 on but not sure if they the same

skull, Mar 9, 4:30am
Can you not just go and buy a new one, old age contributed to the original failure and your plan is to replace it with an 18 year old consumable part! Is a new one that expensive!

kezza46, Mar 9, 4:31am
couple o hundy I was told

skull, Mar 9, 4:37am
Seems a lot for an engine mount, is that just an old wives tale or did you get the price yourself from Mitsubishi or Repco or one of the aftermarket parts suppliers in your area. I'd be doing my best to fit a new one before a second hand one.

kezza46, Mar 9, 4:46am
mechanic told me,will do some hunting tomorrow,she needs car to get to work.offered her my motorbike but she didn't like that idealol

a.woodrow, Mar 9, 7:51am
Roads don't wear out engine mounts, they just fail over time, ring around a few parts places you might be suprised at what you can get one for. Easy enough to fit yourself

franc123, Mar 9, 7:54am
Get the chassis code for the car and what engine its got in it and give the mount shop in Sydenham a ring, they will give you the best deal on a new mount by far. Otherwise take the old one off and go out to pickapart and match it up, they are showing a number of lancers and mirages of that era there at the moment.