1997 toyota spacio

chevcamaro, Mar 1, 1:57am
are they a boo deal or are they ok, just be mainly the wifes work car so 20 km a day, peak traffic travelling,
i'm not a fan of these nice asian vehicles but needs must, please be gentle with me,

inkapuka, Mar 1, 2:14am
I had a 96 auto spacio had 250 kms and thrashed it for the 6 months i had it for only needed new tyres went wel peppy & light but not good at cornering high cog but stil good wee car

inkapuka, Mar 1, 2:16am
And was cheap on gas around town but open road was average,above normal but still cheap to run

chevcamaro, Mar 1, 2:30am
y thank ya, hopefully she's not into high speed cornering so it sounds like she maybe ok

jmma, Mar 1, 2:34am
Its got that magic emblem on the front(o:

inkapuka, Mar 1, 2:57am
Yeah reliable as do good reverse donuts and handbrake drifts in driveways on gravel roads lol

807, Mar 1, 3:49am
bit of a nana car, but ultra reliable & user friendly .

chevcamaro, Mar 1, 9:09am
sounds perfect for nana then lol

kazbanz, Mar 1, 8:13pm
chev--I used to sell about 4-6 of those a month and they NEVER came back with problems.
Mechanically they ARE the 1600 corolla
Comfortable to drive having a higher seat than a corolla

As they age you'll eventually be up for a crank end seal as the old corolla ones are going hard and weeping oil. Same with cam seals.
If you buy one Id allow to "just do it" -Cambelt,crank end seal,cam seal and waterpump.Change the oil and be done Thiis is a generic comment not specific to the spacio. Just all older corolla based vehicles

wron, Mar 2, 3:10am
Hi Kaz, Isn't my red 2002 1.8 modelchain driven, ie no cambelt!

kazbanz, Mar 2, 4:36am
Wron--YOUR car is a totally different beast.
The spacio discussed was based on the 1600cc corolla from around 1992 (happy to be proven wrong re exact year)
YOUR spacio is based on the 2001 and newer corolla,feilder,allex,runx etc. so chain drive VVTi engine

wron, Mar 3, 8:18am
Thanks for that - been away, just read.

chevcamaro, Mar 3, 9:48am
thank you very much

chevcamaro, Mar 6, 7:18pm
yep ,she the proud owner now, hmm

tgray, Mar 6, 7:52pm
Don't 'accidently' buy the 4 seater version - less seats than a starlet!
So much for the 'space' in spacio.

wron, Mar 7, 10:16am
Ours has 7 but the back 2 seem more suitable for Snow White's companions!

kazbanz, Mar 7, 9:04pm
Have a read of the OP mon. Its a commuter car so 4,6 or 6 seats doesn't matter