Header swap problem. Help please !

lazz323, Mar 4, 10:11am
Just help mate put some after market headers on my mates integra type r , 1996, is factory headers are now in my car and car runs fine. But now his car don't start. Well it did for like 10 seconds and was struggling to stay on kinda like a lead was missing and just died. I checked the fuses found a 7.5a blown but I know that's not the issue , all other fuses in bay and under dash seem fine. Fuel pump is still priming , all electricals work but just don't fire up :( any help provided woul be helpful! We also tried switching O2 sensors but dosent solve the problem ! What could it beeeee!

lazz323, Mar 4, 10:28am
Anyone !

motorboy2011, Mar 4, 10:51am
put the ecu into diagnostic mode, the pin to short is prob in the passenger's foot well, where their right knee is

esprit, Mar 4, 11:15am
Did you damage the lambda sensor in the swap-over!

lazz323, Mar 4, 11:20am
How could u tell ! What sensor is this ! Where located !

lazz323, Mar 4, 11:23am
Sorry u must be referring to the oxygen sensor ! I tried both sensors but both don't work on his car , but however yet work in mine , as in saying that I mean it starts when plugged into mine . Not just that my car can start without a O2 sensor like no headers at all and it starts but my mates car don't at all!

lazz323, Mar 4, 6:19pm
Problem still here!

intrade, Mar 4, 7:24pm
does it run each time for 10 secound!
if no start try looking if it has a spark. if it got no spark maybe the ignition module just died in the wrong moment . if it starts each time 10 secoundsthen you want to know if it has a factory immobilizer because thats what some imobilizer do kill the engineand lastis the header or exhaust blocked with a rag or something!
also airflowmeter not hooked up or pipe off will also make it not run only some cars still run with no airflow mezer for some time, like 5 cilinder volvos they run richer and richer till they conk out and die with cough and splatter.

lazz323, Mar 4, 7:57pm
Initial start up had car running for 10 seconds now it dosent start at all. There are no rags blocking headers what so ever , and as for spark I'm guess ill need to pull one plug/lead out and turn the car to see if it zaps correct !

daryl14, Mar 4, 8:31pm
Did you weld anything!

lazz323, Mar 4, 8:50pm
Nothing has been welded. Just straight bolt on an bolt off and the removal on the O2 sensor

meathead_timaru, Mar 4, 10:37pm
Lack of O2 sensor will not prevent cold starting. It's ignored when the engine is cold.