Problem with radio/cd in Ford Transit

2bakerz, Feb 25, 8:19am
The radio/cd in our Transit is CD6000.Lately while playing either radio or cd it cuts out and the message "phone" shows on the screen.We do not have bluetooth connected in this van and over the 4 years we have had the van we haven't had this problem.It can happen in a good reception built up area, or in countryside.It is very frustrating having to manually turn it on and off again, which doesn't fix the problem anyway.Some days it can go normally,I would just like to know why or who to consult.We are out of warranty, but do I just contact any Ford dealer, or an auto electrician!Any advice/ help most gratefully acknowledged!

crudeawakening, Feb 25, 8:26am
Auto electrician, they usually either have a terminal in the plug which when fed with an earth from the phone system mutes the sound and displays phone or the phone is internal of the radio (bluetooth) and its just playing up. Some one needs to check there is no old phone kit hidden behind dash that is playing up or a cruched wire behind the unit. Otherwise its likely the radio is just dying.

2bakerz, Feb 25, 9:01am
So even though the van was bought new in 2009 and is not bluetooth compatible, would a radio be dying after just 4 years!But I will get it checked as you suggest.

lusty9, Feb 26, 7:37am
go back to ford they'll know whats wrong and fix it.

gammelvind, Feb 26, 7:48am
The one in our 06 model is crapping out too, they aren't the best.

pestri, Feb 26, 8:38am
Pfffffft

lusty9, Feb 26, 8:55am
why do u write that! Mine played up and I took it to Ford Napier and they fiddled with it, cost me nothing. Now it goes without going onto handsfree mode

afer_daily, Feb 26, 6:07pm
keep the radio / get rid of the FORD