Mazda Verisa? Any owners (or opinions?)

kazbanz, Feb 24, 9:10pm
kyusser-Mechanically the verissa is a Mazda Demio 1500 so no worries regarding parts availablity.They have this year reached a point in Japan where they are becoming more and more readilly available at a good price for NZ. This means that panel parts are becomeing more readilly available in NZ.
The 02-07 demio shape does have more room behind the seats than the Verisa and when in "luggage mode" it becomes pretty well huge inside the back.
In your budget theres a fair bit of choice.
From a toyota Wish 7 seater to a new shape toyota Ist.-the NEW (06 and newer) Ist is more corolla sized.
Theres also the Toyota Raum.
If it was me I'd go to a few caryards and look at the way the different options work or don't work for your familly.

kyussr32, Feb 24, 10:11pm
Thanks kazbanz, we going to have a look at the local dealer today. Its an awkward size we need, we have a HiAce for longer trips with the whole family (my older daughter is disabled and this is her wheelchair van). My wife needs a runaround that can fit shopping and take our other little daughter and pram etc for outings.

kazbanz, Feb 24, 10:28pm
x1
kyussr--Um I think north shore toyota were selling a late model Toyota Raum.It was fully disability enabled including a hoist for a wheelchaitr.-Might be worth a look.
The other vehicle I'd strongly recommend is the Toyota Funcargo.
My reasoning being that it WILL take an electric chair in the back but is a small nippy vehicle to drive.

kyussr32, Feb 24, 10:58pm
Cheers, but we already have the wheelchair HiAce. My wife just does't want to drive that bus around if shes just going visiting or shopping.

A friend has a Funcargo, very roomy inside I agree! Will have a look at one as well if we can.

ambo11, Feb 25, 5:47am
x1
Very noisy on the road, but new kiwi tyres might help that.we tried one recently and the road noise was horriffic.but otherwise was quite a neat car.

carstauranga001, Feb 25, 6:15am
They arn't normally noisy. I suspect that one had noisy tyres.

OP, good car but as Kaz says, check them out and decide if they suit "your" needs rather than what ten "advisors" will sugest.

kazbanz, Feb 25, 9:42am
CT--and that is exactly what they did.I think maybee they are swinging the demio way

haventrader, Feb 26, 1:44am
OP, we have a Verisa and a Wish. The wife uses the Verisa to work and back, and generally we're out in it on weekends shopping etc. Great car, light on fuel, packed with features. The motor is chain driven, quite peppy but I find it likes to be revved - low down there is not much torque. As kaz says, parts will not be a problem. Generally the Verisa is very spacious, but a pram in the back won't leave much room for much else. That's where the Wish will come into its own. Very spacious, acres of room for everything and the dog, light on fuel and easy to drive. So reliable it becomes boring! Take the pram along when shopping for the car and put it inside to see that it will fit and suits all your needs.

kazbanz, Feb 26, 1:51am
HT--Op has already been to a car yard or two

kyussr32, Feb 26, 8:12am
Thanks for that, we have been to a yard and the Demio looks good, great low loading access in the rear and I think looks a little better than the Versia. Might pop back to drive a few soon, had hands full with miss 6mths old when we were having a look!