Cars that make a noise when being locked/unlocked

Page 1 / 2
trade4us2, Mar 16, 5:53pm
Why does it need to make a noise that people 100 metres away can hear!

rpvr, Mar 16, 7:10pm
Because people these days have no consideration for others. Same as those who come home late at night or go out early in the morning with their stereos beating away.

lookoutas, Mar 16, 7:20pm
You must live near my neighbors too!

hawat, Mar 16, 8:11pm
What about those kind souls who intentionally set off their car alarms and let it go through a few cycles before turning it off. You can apparently set them off remotely. Don't you love those guys!

kevymtnz, Mar 16, 8:14pm
id like my alarm to be silent when locking and unlocking and dont know or if it can be turned off so if you know ill turn mine off

mrfxit, Mar 16, 8:34pm
Yea some of the those alarms are freaking nuts with how many beeps they use

a.woodrow, Mar 16, 8:45pm
Some alarms can have the feedback switched on or off, or changed to just flashing the lights

bellky, Mar 16, 8:52pm
Mine has two buttons. the first button turns it on (one chirp) and off (two chirps). if i press the 2nd button first, then the 1st button second; it locks and unlocks silently :)

clark20, Mar 16, 9:05pm
yeah I had one like that as well, but you still have to be a considerate person to use it, some people don't care. Last week I had a new Prius for a few days(did 4.8l/100 if your interested) that had a loud beep, couldn't be arsed looking up how to turn it off.

luigi21, Mar 16, 9:06pm
Its a public warning that a dropkick is about to hit the road!

socram, Mar 16, 9:24pm
Mine is spot on.No noise and the lights flash when it locks, but not when it unlocks.

purple666, Mar 16, 9:28pm
And why is it always the ugly women that think you are tooting at them when you hit unlock.

gmphil, Mar 16, 9:31pm
Fickin neighbours gate 6 in morn mostly sometimes thru night is alarmed in has to ring beep 3 times to set / unset ,idiots cant use proply keeps setting it off

sgrants, Mar 16, 9:34pm
this is a common feature for most the decent alarms.

mrfxit, Mar 16, 10:13pm
Alarm beeps are mostly ok, it's the 4/ 5 /6 chirp models when unlock/locking that is so dang annoying & then you get ppl that screw it up a couple of times , so that about 20 chirps.

It's a bit like ppl that don't like being called by their "given" name & instead INSIST on a non de plume ONLY.
I remember a certain trader that suddenly changed his profile name when he realized ppl could SEE what his real name was & wanted to call him by that name instead of the FULLnon de plume.

Yes it's petty in both cases, but both case's are as annoying as each other

mrfxit, Mar 16, 10:36pm
LOL, I DID i say it was you as the example,
Yep I also remember the "other" name on your profile but . "MR" , . doesn't really suit you either.
Just seems like another form of 'hiding behind a fake name"

Anywyas . yea some alarms & the ppl operating them, leave a lot to be desired.

We used to have "1 of them" a couple of houses away.
Every morning around 6.30 AM we could hear several repeats of the 4 chirps, THEN he would come out of the house.

rpvr, Mar 16, 10:38pm
We get used to certain noises in certain situations. It is when they are imposed on us in our own homes from outside that it can be classed as inconsiderate. People have the option of being considerate and don't take it. As for the tin can exhausts and blow off valves, well they are supposed to be illegal, aren't they!

mrfxit, Mar 16, 10:41pm
"tin can exhausts and blow off valves," only become illegal over a certain decibel

daryl14, Mar 16, 10:48pm
It works like this, If you trade me user name was 456 then you would be called 456.

If your user name was trixiebelle then people would call you trixiebelle. Or something else maybe.

If you don't like your user name then shut down your account. You may or may not like to rejoin with another name. hopefully the latter.

As you can see you cannot tell people what to do. They will do the opposite. trying to repeat the same thing and expecting a different outcome is a well known form of idiocy.

bjmh, Mar 16, 10:53pm
how aboutturbo timers,my neighbour drives me to drink .he'll shoot down the road every half an hour.then 5 mins for the timer to cut out when he returns.AWW yer he has a chirp,chirp alarm to tell him its locked/unlocked as well.

savanna71, Mar 16, 10:56pm
Ok Justin

_peas, Mar 17, 12:27am
The door open, key in ignition alarms in my car were easily stopped by unplugging a plug on the end of the ignition barrel.Easy to get to and I still have the handy "your lights are on but you just switched your car off dumbarse" alarm.Just a thought as I too hate being bombarded with alarms, especially the obvious."My doors open!!"No s#it. I just opened it!You don't have to put up with them!

saxman99, Mar 17, 2:44am
Depends on the car. In one of ours that annoying "door open " beeping is triggered by the transponder chip = not really practical to stop.

trade4us2, Mar 17, 5:26am
So would it be reasonable for me to go and talk to the people who want to walk their dogs at 4:30am or 6:30 am and drive into a carpark that is supposed to be closed until 7am and make a lot of noise and wake me up!

meathead_timaru, Mar 17, 5:53am
They probably only turned them on as they turned into their street. I've noticed many people seem to do that, as if they believe others are somehow impressed with the fact they've paid way too much money for something completely pointless in the poor acoustic environment of a motor vehicle. They can get a better effect with quality headphones, but of course then nobody will be 'impressed'.