Nissan Wingroad. My son is looking at buying one of theseis there anything he should look out forhe is looking at a 2002 model 1

likit, Mar 16, 9:56pm
My son is looking at buying one of these,is there anything he should look out for!He is looking at a 2002 model 1500cc,I see there is a 1800cc model too would this be the preferred option!

stevo2, Mar 16, 10:28pm
Good reliable unexciting car. 1500cc is by far the most common engine, not overly powerful but good for around town and commuting and cruises quite well on the open road.
Most 1800ccfrom 01-04 are 4wd and there is also a 2000cc that is CVT trans (to be avoided)

kazbanz, Mar 16, 10:37pm
solid reliable boring motoring.Basicly its a pulsar/sunny station wagon.
I can't say Ive encountered a lot of 1800cc 4wd versions.
Incidently the wingroad has a big brother called an Avenir or expert.
1800cc with a normal auto gearbox

likit, Mar 16, 11:12pm
thanks will have a look at the Avenir

jason18, Mar 17, 1:27am
Are you sure the 4wd came in cvt! I thought it was only only normal autos! If so I wouldnt touch the 4wd as it came with that horrible QG18 motor. Reknown for killing the timing chains. Cant say I have ever come across a 4wd model either. They must be gutless!

jason18, Mar 17, 4:27am
Oh yeah cool as I was thinking a cvt 4wd would be a disaster lol

v8_mopar, Mar 17, 10:59am
I had a 98 model wingroad for 8 years and it was by far the most reliable car I have ever owned! It was my then everyday car and it was thrashed city, rural, open road, miner out back and towing (1500). I often towed my 1/2 tonn trailer around town with varying loads and she did a great job but no good on the open road with that trailer, ok with smaller ones up to 400kgs in weight with load. The engine, with good service, never faulted and I only had to replace 2 wheel bearings and 2 cv's both left front. Don't expect a fast car, about 10 seconds to 100ks and a top speed of 170 on a good day with no wind. All in all a great little wagon with lots of life and lots of spunk.
If I couldn't afford to run a V8 now as my everyday car I would absolutely still have my wingroad!

Ps I sold it to a friend and even now after 300,000 k's it still looks tidy as and has never faulted in the engine