Holden wont start

darren-j1, Mar 26, 10:31pm
im a girl and the ignition wont even turn its a 99 model my keys wontlock or unlock car . all the lights and radio work so not battery. Darren thinks its something to do with the security locking system and it wont let me start does this sound familiar at all. may be module! it happened last week when I parked then seconds later moved the car and it made the turn over noise but wouldn't start . and we thought it was too hot to start so got it jump started. today it is cold and wont make a sound asi turn it over please help

lugee, Mar 26, 10:33pm
The key won't turn at all! Have you tried moving the steering wheel while trying to turn the key!

If I have deciphered your post well enough (I think you're also mentioning door lock issues as well), could also be a worn key.

icemans1, Mar 26, 10:36pm
sounds like ya key, tried a spare one!

icemans1, Mar 26, 10:43pm
you should be able to unlock the door by inserting the key, ignore the alarm going off and start your engine (key over rides the alarm)

icemans1, Mar 26, 10:45pm
they do have a problem with the ignition barrel set up

darren-j1, Mar 26, 10:52pm
I have 3 keys and none work .theres no alarm as such . I can manually unlock doors . just the buttons on my key aren't doing anything . my son says maybe the ignition module! or could it be the fuel pump! reading other old posts. help much appreciated so far. grrrr I have so much I need to do today!

rarespares, Mar 26, 10:52pm
Remove the BCM fuse & wait a minute or two & retry.

darren-j1, Mar 26, 10:53pm
wea is bcm fuse please

rarespares, Mar 26, 10:57pm
Engine bay, right hand inner guard. Pull cover off & its a small fuse marked engine control/BCM

darren-j1, Mar 26, 11:00pm
cheers looking now my laptop is in car!

darren-j1, Mar 26, 11:03pm
is it drivers side! only found the fuse box

funkydunky, Mar 26, 11:10pm
Is your key a security type setup with a battery inside it! It may be a crazy coincidence that all 3 keys have flat batteries

darren-j1, Mar 26, 11:14pm
hmmm that's wat ive just realised im taking a walk up to the chemist to get 2 new batterys and try that next!

cybertrades, Mar 26, 11:16pm
Im a girl lol

darren-j1, Mar 26, 11:20pm
have to go to holden for batterys

rarespares, Mar 26, 11:37pm
Batteries are not servicable - all built into the remote head

icemans1, Mar 26, 11:48pm
+1
go to mr minit for a new key. holden are a rip off, keys are about $100 each

darren-j1, Mar 27, 12:01am
hubby is home now the lights wont turn off on the dash.hence draining battery ignition wont turn off

icemans1, Mar 27, 6:21am
it really sounds like ya ignition is broken - been there done that. i own a '99 calais

icemans1, Mar 27, 6:22am
part of the key ignition is plastic and breaks

treachug, Mar 27, 8:16am
yep the shaft of the key barrell has snapped off leaving the ignition switch on yet the key can turned off (with a wee bit of difficulty)

zoltec45, Mar 27, 8:32am
She said in first post "the radio is working so cant be battery"
Sounds like immobiliser/key module