Double Din Car stereo recommendation?

acura, Mar 22, 2:07am
Can anyone recommend a double din car stereo as a replacement for the unit in my Jap import. I have stearing wheel controls for audio and phone and also have a reversing camera. There are so many unknown-branded units out there that tick all the boxes and are reasonably prices. anything to stay away from!

cjohnw, Mar 22, 3:51am
Hyper are doing a JVC unit that seems reasonable. Son had it fitted to his Jap import subaru. Looks and sounds good. Bluetooth as well.

http://www.hyper.co.nz/drive/product/car-audio/114/headunit-kw-r700bt-cd-bluetooth-usb/154079/detail

acura, Mar 22, 4:12am
That would not be compatible with my reversing camera - i figure while i got one of them might get a unit that can re-use it :)

kazbanz, Mar 22, 5:01am
Why change what you've got ! if its working well seems pointless to me

acura, Mar 22, 8:20am
Called being anal retentive. if i can't use all the option (tis all in Jap) it just bugs me. I even got google translate that will translate a picture snapshot of Japanese characters to English (even does voice translation which was useful when the stereo started to talk to me in Japanese!)

kazbanz, Mar 22, 8:27am
you can unplug the gps imputs and ETC imput and she will stop yakkin to ya

crudeawakening, Mar 22, 8:35am
In my experience - most of the reversing cameras from JAppan are brand specific and cant be used with our aftermarket options (most of the time). Save youself the money, forget the camera and buy a single din unit for $150 and a plastic pocket to fill the gap :)

acura, Mar 22, 10:16am
Just a composite video input isn't it! with a reverse trigger!

acura, Mar 22, 10:18am
Any of the unknown-branded one. ie non main stream, eg domain (. and i know this works as i have seen it one the same model car as mine before).
These look interesting also. 574793371.