Anyone know what battery

tigger15, Mar 29, 8:56pm
would be suitable to replace din55l car batteriy apart from another din55l lol never seen such a big battery in such a little car but of course thats what is in the car. and i need a new one lol

tigra, Mar 29, 9:06pm
What"little car" !

tigger15, Mar 29, 9:08pm
a kia mentor

clark20, Mar 29, 9:52pm
What's wrong with sticking to the recommended battery! Sure they cost more than the small cheapies, but trying to convert could cost more.

tigger15, Mar 29, 10:24pm
because they are hard to find is all and beings that i am 45k from the nearest town in need of a battery is why. $300 for a battery without installation or shipping even is far too expensive in my books. have been to look in a battery book and have a few choices now so will shop around

bigfatmat1, Mar 29, 11:23pm
Din 44 is smaller version

saki, Mar 30, 1:08am
Din 55 usualy fitted because of the recessed terminals that wont short out on the bonnet when its closed.

twink19, Mar 30, 3:52am
I saw some one replace a din battery with a cheapy, It took a while but they did get the fire out

lou64, Mar 31, 8:39am
the replacement battery for my Kia sportage was quoated $400 because very low height.only one i could find was a low marine battery under 1/2 the price lacked bit cranking power but did job. told reason for expence factory only make them couple times a year hope this helps

peril787b1, Mar 31, 12:38pm
Very bad idea to use a marine battery (usually low loss) as a car starting battery. Bite the bullet and purchase the correct battery for your car. Get one with a 3 year warranty and you'll be fine.

NZTools, Mar 31, 8:24pm
That low cranking power will eat starter motors.

next-to-normal, Apr 1, 1:41am

therafter1, Apr 1, 1:55am
Or as NZTools has already mentioned, you risk eating your starter motor, if you think a battery is expensive, wait till you have to have the start motor replaced, that will positively make your eyes water, so for the sake of a hundred bucks why not have the correct battery with the correct cca rating for the vehicle fitted. some people are their own worst enemy sometimes for the sake of a few dollars !

scarey65, Apr 1, 1:59am
Or buy 4 tyres.Or petrol

therafter1, Apr 1, 2:00am
If the retailer doesn't have one in stock then ask him to get one for you. Most places don't charge for shipping and installation as it is usually built into the price of the battery and they will fit it for you while you wait. Additionally, it is only rarely that they will have to have one freighted in for you, and that will usually relate to a real oddball, as most battery stocks are maintained to a stock level by van salesman types that work for their
battery suppliers.

scarey65, Apr 1, 2:02am
Din batteries are common.

gsimpson, Apr 1, 3:25am
Had a mate with a VW Passat fitted with wrong battery by his local garage. Two red glows on the bonnet then two big holes.

gs1220, Apr 1, 8:47am
My Citroen BX is meant to have a DIN55, but the expense caused me to get a different, slightly smaller, recessed terminal Australian made Exide battery from The Warehouse, when they had 20% off (which they often do). Coincidentally, I think, I have had trouble with the starter. In the end I had a relay fitted to increase the current to the starter solenoid ($40) and this appears to have solved the problem. Lots of old Citroens had DIN55.

owene, Apr 1, 10:32am
A new din55i is available here in Nelson at $145 so your figure of $300 must be from one of those wild boys.

scarey65, Apr 1, 5:59pm
300 does sound right for a top of th e range batterie

like tyres with batteries youre never comparing apples with apples

you get what you pay for