Toyota Surf

Page 1 / 2
hohoho7, Dec 30, 7:47pm
Wanting approx. cost of complete Turbo Unit for a LN130 please new and used if anyone can help. Would be very thankful.

tweake, Dec 30, 9:48pm
usually around $300 or so for Chinese aftermarket which vary in quality a lot.
2nd hand no fixed price but most will need a reco unless its already been done. can cost up to $800 for full reco.

intrade, Dec 30, 10:44pm
why did it fail? that is the first thing to figure out ?

tweake, Dec 30, 10:48pm
i forgot, there is a few things that can make it look like the turbo has failed.
would pay to mentioned whats wrong with it or what the engine is doing.

intrade, Dec 30, 11:04pm
yea i need to know how and why its broken i got 2 chargers secoundhand i could sell one is unknowen good or bad and other is most likely good.
However i do not sell you any of them , you put them on the car same problem or the problem takes out the good one i just sold you and then you post feedback on me that i sold you some faulty crap.
So
What is the milage on the odometer? are you the first and only owner if not you can add 50% miles for ruc disconnected odometer tempering as you wont know the true milage.
Then what does the charger look like is it gringing its vane ? is it not spinning any more is it just not boosting propperly .
what appears to be the problem?
maybe its just your egr system a knowen problem on ln130
my engine went to the scrap metal because it was destroyed from a to z .
it now has a 1982 2.2 non turbo residing under its bonnet and is my tractor

hohoho7, Dec 31, 12:24am
Thanks for Replys, I guess I was a tad vague Case History, Only Owner 240000 kms. Smoking badly under acceleration.Had mechanic at work Quickly have a look at Turbo said it felt ok not down on power but a little bit of oil present in manifold. he said to look at banjo fitting on injector pump for screen filter so did try but it is a cow to get off being clamped to engine mount. Am curious as to egr system where is that? Does not use oil and ok at idle.

intrade, Dec 31, 12:28am
post the engine code from the plate under the bonnet
is it 2L-te? or what also is this a automatic or manual 5 speed 4wd?

lk104, Dec 31, 12:32am
LN130 Turbo can only be a 2LTE, unless its had a transplant.

intrade, Dec 31, 12:35am
i am not 100% if the 2l-t is also the ln130 so i want to see what is written on his plate-
the letter e stands for electronic and engine would have efi diesel wrtten on engine like my pile of junk had.
i know for a fact they made the hilux with electronic pump and without on the 2,4 liter diesel as i had a engine ready to go in from a chaser when i found the dual mass flywheel also crapped it self.

hohoho7, Dec 31, 12:36am
2LTE auto 4wd

intrade, Dec 31, 12:38am
ok so electronic and no dual mass flyweel possible.

hohoho7, Dec 31, 12:38am
Yes EFI Diesel

intrade, Dec 31, 12:46am
lets move to the egr system, you are the only owner from brand new then the egr would still be there unless you had it deleted.
at 240,000km it needs to be cleaned soonest= intake removed and intake port inspected and cleaned also.

intrade, Dec 31, 12:52am
look on the exhaust side there is a pipe pritty big metal it comes out of the exhaust and goes to the intake , that is your egr "exhaust-gas-resirculatio-
n"
why is that crap there you ask. well because of emission, what the thing is doing if it does function correctly is lower the NOX at idle and part load
it is why the egr is on on a diesel at idle. i have a video proofing egr is on at idle on diesel. because lean running causes high nox and diesel run ultra lean at idle.
VW written a nifty program for the lab test lol for Nox problems as seen on tv.

hohoho7, Dec 31, 12:53am
You may call me thick but but what does this egr look like?

intrade, Dec 31, 12:54am

hohoho7, Dec 31, 1:03am
Ok Thanks but will not happen until back at work next week, will keep you posted.

intrade, Dec 31, 1:14am
pull the hose on the egr valve and block it with a screw for now then.
and hope the egr valve shuts fully. its that bowl thing on picture the valve

tweake, Dec 31, 2:09am
what color smoke?
it doesn't sound like turbo. oil in intake is common due to the amount that gets blown out the breather.
failing turbo will generally blow white smoke at idle or blue in higher rpm.

if its only just started happening then it could be egr valve stuck open or possibly the small intake butterfly is stuck.

the other causes are injectors and injection pump.
edit: also blocked fuel filter or air being sucked into the line.

franc123, Dec 31, 2:36am
You've just bought this vehicle?

hohoho7, Dec 31, 4:08am
I am original owner

intrade, Dec 31, 5:32am
how often was the coolant exchanged since your the only owner since new?
i know it sounds wierd what has coolant got to do with your turbo lol dont worry i am the technition and you want your car fixed just answer the questions and dont lie its only going to make a false conclusion if you do lie about things like that.
also i am with poster 19, your turbo is way down the list of possible needing to be exchanged from the stuff we do know so far.

intrade, Dec 31, 5:45am
what color smoke?

answer post 19 .

hohoho7, Dec 31, 4:07pm
Blue Smoke,Coolant is clean changed every third year and anti freez added. New head,Radiator,water pump belts, valves,camshaft, $4000 spent on it. Done at 198000kms. Where did this question of lieing come from, what have I got to gain from telling a lie. I value your advice and the only thing I forgot to say was that its worse at original start up.Thanks.

intrade, Dec 31, 8:16pm
ok when has this problem started?
blue smoke is oil .
new head means the egr intake valve will be clean. question is was the intake manifold and egr valve cleaned back then. Also EGR wont cause blue smoke.
i just call it lies it must not even be a lie it ca also be stuff you think is not important that can be what changes the whole picture of possible cause.

Like now blue smoke = oil it can be brake fluid also or trans fluid so that just moved in to the possible picture of what could be. let me think and get a coffee now