Kaz and other Dealers-Auckland

stevo2, Sep 16, 7:10am
My daughter has sold her car and wants to buy another. There is nothing she really likes here in Tauranga in her price range, so she wants me to take her up to the big smoke to look for a car.
She will be looking at something like a Tiida or Verisa or Corolla or similar and there is a reasonable chance it will be a fresh import.
It will probably be from a dealer.
If so, it will be unregistered etc.
If she does buy something, is it possible for it to be registered and WoF'd on a Saturday or even on a Sunday so she can drive it home without the need to return the following weekend?
Cheers Stevo

johotech, Sep 16, 7:16am
TIIDA? Really?
Hasn't her mother raised her with more style than that?

stevo2, Sep 16, 7:22am
No, not really, but its one of the few that fit her budget.
Could be worse though, it could've been Spacio or Funcargo.

tgray, Sep 16, 7:47am
Yes it is.

nesta129, Sep 16, 8:23am
Yup it is possible,however vtnz isnt open 9-5 on a Sunday like every other business day.Think they close at 3pm on Saturdays so be wary of those times if you want the car registered.
Here are the times for most of them.
Saturday 8.00am - 3.00pm
Sunday 10.00am - 3.00pm

tintop, Sep 16, 9:09am
If the car is already registered and wof'd

The ownership stuff can be done online,
It is also possible to sort out insurance cover too.
Discuss with your insurance co during the week.

The car I wanted was in Tauranga :)

westwyn, Sep 16, 9:19am
Depending on the area within Auckland, yes, it is. VTNZ are not the only WOF and registration agents in Auckland! Some of the VINZ branches open Saturdays, as do Drivesure, and a handful of independents, in some cases Sunday too.

stevo2, Sep 16, 9:19am
Thanks all, very helpful

kazbanz, Jun 20, 5:15pm
stevo-The advice from nesta is pretty well bang on. Drop VTNZ from the name and think "wof places that supply plates" and they are bang on with the opening times.
BUT-I would suggest that if you are down to a select few specific cars that you sent out a generic e mail to the dealers concerned.
"We are heading to Auckland looking to purchase a car.A few questions regarding your one please"
1) what are your operating hours.
2)has the car been complied already. -Ie has it got a WOF now?
3)are you able to get the car ready for sale during the weekend so it can be taken away.?
Otherwise you might encounter the situation where she loves a car,the deal is right and she has to head back up to pick it up.