New sort of problem.

brapbrap8, Feb 10, 1:51am
Had a Chineese imigrant crash into my car while it was parked a couple of weeks ago, and the process of getting the insurance excess waived was one heck of a problem!
They left a note at the time admitting liability (had an english speaking friend write it), left contact details.
Passed the info on to my insurance co who have tried their best, but of course the chinese folk are saying they no speaka da engrish and won't actually admit liability, or give their insurance details to my insurer.

My insurer has reluctantly waived my excess after I argued they already admitted liability in the note, and I also found a couple of witnesses who saw them hit my parked car, as well as photos of the damage to their vehicle complete with the very distinctive coloured paint off my vehicle.

Hard work for the insurance company who has to go after these people who no speaka da engrish and get them to pay up, good to see insurance companies earn their money though.
Insurers might have to hire translators in future to manage these sorts of claims, with the ever increasing number of chinese people driving and crashing in NZ.

mechnificent, Feb 10, 2:02am
You should park more carefully.

Obviously not their fault.

brapbrap8, Feb 10, 2:38am
Might just have to leave it in the garage and never drive it, blasted thing keeps costing me money.
Getting a new door lock fitted at the same time as the panel work is done, some cretin attempted to steal it from the car park at the school my partner works at.
Fark knows how they were planning on stealing a 2014 model car with their screw driver, radio is not removable either and no valuables left in the car.
Just enough damage to be a nuisance but luckily not expensive.

mechnificent, Feb 10, 2:42am
Whooo. That would really piss you off.

Up round here the foreign drivers are in the middle of the dirt road when you come around the corner, and they don't move one inch or even seem to see you going past sometimes they are so transfixed by the road. Keep hard left is the rule around here.

tamarillo, Jun 26, 11:45am
Well done for getting witnesses and photos etc.