VW BORA 2001 SEDAN V5

stekar, Aug 9, 1:50am
looking at buying one in auto , any info would be grateful eg, reliable, petrol reliability, things to watch out for , parts cost etc

intrade, Aug 9, 2:09am
its a 14 year old car anything can potentially give problems. plus for vw you need rosstech vcds scanner and know how vw does diagnostics like on a cb radio with channels where each channel is allocated to diagnose some things , you got to dial in the right channel its unlike any other car make how that works.
Door lock module faults is a well knowen and documented problem on mk4 golf and the bora is a mk4 golf sedan version. parts i get from rexbo.eu and darkside development for tuning
price wise i would say you need 4500$ for a automatic trans rebuild
it must have been serviced correctly all its live and it should be like 3 to 5 grand max to consider buying it. i dont know enough about the v5 my clients usually have vw diesel and old toyotas

ryanm2, Aug 9, 9:24pm
Why not a V5 Passat - we have one, its great. If the auto ever shits itself it will be a write off though. Paid 3.5k for a clean example with 120k on the clock. A lot of car for the money.

stekar, Aug 10, 12:53am
wanted something smaller, we did have one of those years ago

tamarillo, Oct 26, 12:06am
Do a search on these forums and you'll find notes on these.
Google too.
From what I know it comes down to being great but crucial been serviced well and with right fluids. Best to have local workshop that knows and likes them.