Badly made Japanese cars.

tamarillo, Jun 19, 4:07am
What's this? BMW, Kia, jaguar, Hyundai, all better made than a Toyota! Subaru worse than jeep and Land Rover!
What's the world coming to?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102766497

kazbanz, Jun 19, 4:14am
Its an American report and the problems are---Stephens said the Japanese automakers are still improving, but have been hurt by the incorporation of infotainment and voice recognition systems in new models. "They really falter in that area," she said. "Sixteen of the bottom 20 models when it comes to problems with voice recognition systems are Japanese brands."
maybe if the americans tried speaking the queens English they wouldn't have problems. --OR japlish

tamarillo, Jun 19, 4:19am
Kaz, I agree it's mainly bollocks and every report like this varies hugely. Maybe though it points to a trend that the Koreans have caught the Japanese, the British/Indian cars are much better, and the Germans are doing well considering all the toys they're introducing. Looks like maybe some Americans are getting more serious about quality.
Subaru still surprises me though.

doglover2003, Jun 19, 4:27am
No surprises infiniti right up there

morrisman1, Jun 19, 6:44am
I couldnt give a rats arse about voice recognition ha, Its quicker to press the fan button than navigating through 5 layers of climate control menu with your voice.

How do the japs rank compared to the rest of the world with the important stuff?

ladatrouble, Jun 19, 7:32am
Where are these Japanese cars made? Not in Japan, if it's a US report, they are made in the USA.

tamarillo, Jun 19, 8:34am
Bit defensive are we?
And where do you think most Japanese cars that we get come from?
Plus, its often the engineering and quality control that is at question, not where the factory happens to be.

tgray, Jun 19, 8:38am
Poster, there are no badly made Japanese cars anymore.

ladatrouble, Jun 19, 10:06am
? What am I defending? I'm just pointing out that most Japanese cars aren't made in Japan, it's cheaper to get them made somewhere else, so they do. To get around various laws, Japanese manufacturers have assembly plants in Europe and the US so they can sell cars in those countries. So a survey in the US about Japanese cars is about Japanese cars designed and made in the US. to Japanese manufacturing standards of course.

bryshaw, Jun 19, 10:13am
My 2007 Honda 2.0 is very well made, so maybe it is the very latest models that are affected.

phalanax, Jun 19, 10:28am
Badly made. im pretty sure Toyota. is alot more reliable than this report would care to mention. well made or not. I think the porsche would cost a heck of alot more to maintain than say a yaris. not to mention initial purchase price and value per kms the porsche is a loser. heck the yaris might even have a longer potential engine life. but hey the porsche is a looker and well they might of spent more producing it. lol. as for the Koreans. im thinking they have some way to go to match the reliability records of other already established japanese car manufacturers. but it is obvious who their out to better.

bill-robinson, Jun 19, 8:44pm
also find out which ones (model) are made in merica

kazbanz, Jun 19, 8:58pm
tamarillo wrote:

And where do you think most Japanese cars that we get come from? /quote]
FROM japan and MADE in Japan actually
--You did say MOST

3tomany, Jun 19, 9:12pm
until they have to design something new that is

tamarillo, Jun 19, 9:54pm
Well yes of course it. But that still makes it relevant to us as ours are not always made in Japan either.

tamarillo, Jun 19, 9:56pm
Probably true, but that's not what surveys like this is about, it's comparing with other cars, and they're not as good as they once were in comparison. So others have lifted there game, lots.

gunhand, Jun 20, 4:41am
I thought he said it was mostly infotainment and voice recognition systems that were giving issue? I don't see engineering as part of that. But who knows.
And it doesn't surprise me one little bit that electronics are giving issue (in all makes) in new cars.There suppose to be cars not rolling entertainment centers or replace ya bloody smart phone or tablet.
Jeez who will want a 2105 car in 15 years from now? Prob be ready for scrap due to being uneconomical to repair.
Where as a year 2000 car today is still quite a good unit with years left in it.
Cars are fast becoming like washing machines, ya be lucky if ya get 5 years normal use.

kazbanz, Jun 20, 4:58am
I would--Would it be a delorian?

gsimpson, Jun 20, 6:05am
A 2105 vehicle is likely to be a horse and cart.

gunhand, Jun 20, 6:44am
LOL, true, to late to edit that now.

gunhand, Jun 20, 6:44am
I get it now lol.

marte, Jun 20, 6:58am
I have a Toyota vista.
Its a automatic with a pedal operated handbrake.

When I brought it, it had near new tyres on the back wheels, and a flat spot on each one that goes down to the steel belt.

Now let me think.
Driving down the road at 70kmh and you go to change up to top gear thinking you are driving a manual gearbox.

marte, May 24, 1:25am
Oh, the handbrake pedals exactly where the clutch pedal is. With a 'on the dash, hand operated release'.