intrade, Aug 11, 9:25am
i want to see the picture of the whole pump
upload it here and give the link i check tomorrow night again poster 1
http://iforce.co.nz/

intrade, Aug 11, 9:28am
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/bobhdj/FuelPump_Winch.png

silanoid spill valve is the fuel shut off if it is this pump

rctr, Aug 11, 9:59am
Manufacturers have had electronic pumps for years most were imports until early to mid 00s.
Anything without a throttle cable has electronic control of some sort. Toyota had the 1kz and 5le of that Era. Some versions of nissans td27 are electronic as are the yd And zd. Mitsi have versions of 4m40 in import pajeros and 4m41.

gmphil, Aug 11, 10:20am
eti pump guy called last one I had serviced

snoopy221, Aug 11, 10:32am
When the motor won't start & I pump the primer on top of the fuel filter,

OTAS HAVE A FAILING-ALAS RUBBER DIAPHRAGM IN PRIMER GUNGES -AND LEAKS DOWN-K
Worse when lower on fuel.

mrcat1, Aug 11, 10:38am
No they are a mechanical pump with some electronics on them for crank sensor, timing, throttle position.
The operation of the pump is mechanical so not common rail or HUEI or electronic injectors, so basically it can be a fuel problem or air problem in the fuel or pump.

tweake, Aug 11, 11:01am
thats splitting hairs a bit there.

we tend to call VE mechanical pump as all fueling control and timing is mechanical.

the electronic pumps get called efi, electronic etc. as fueling/timing is controlled electrically.

technically common rail, unit injectors etc are still mechanical, they all use a mechanical pump of some sort to generate the fuel pressure.

quite right it can be fuel or air and that was mentioned before.

mrcat1, Aug 11, 11:13am
HUEI injectors don't use a fuel pump to get the injection pressure so a little different to the norm.
The electronic pumps are basically a mechanical pump with electronics added to them, it is possible to set them up to be used without the electronics.

mrcat1, Aug 11, 11:16am
That is basically the pump, a denso V3 resistor pump as on the 1KZ-TE engine.

strobo, Oct 18, 4:03pm
Fitting a fall back valve in the fuel supply line side is a great addition to reducing air locks , Valve can be got from any diesel service center.