Updating car, suggestions?

honels1, Dec 10, 1:00am
Hi every one,
I'm considering updating my car and have been looking at an FG XR6 turbo, FG G6E turbo our Nissan Fuga 450GT. I like the holden VE commodore V8 but the other makes are better value for money regarding performance and safety. So what do you guys think? I'm keen to here from owners who have had these vehicles.

mals69, Dec 10, 1:20am
IMHO Nissan no doubt the better build quality, In saying that out of that list still probably go for VE V8 - bigger the cubes the better for planting you back in your seat, good looking car. XR6 quick car too but under more stress with
air being Forced into it.

monaro17, Dec 10, 1:26am
We have a 450gt in our household. It isn't normal good Nissan build quality it is even better. Think lexus and e class merc. Fantastic car cannot speak highly enough of it

tamarillo, Dec 10, 3:00am
I like commodore and had a VF Calias v8 for a year and enjoyed it hugely. Never driven the falcon turbo but always wanted too. Used xr6 rentals and enjoyed them.
Both have some character and are enjoyable.
The Nissan does nothing for me at all but I am biased.

monaro17, Dec 10, 3:48am
Drive all of them and see what like. In recent years in our household We have had 2 VE commodore, a BF2 falcon and as stated before a recently acquired fuga 450gt. Have driven both vf and fg g6et can categorically say the fuga is the most refined by some margin over any of them. Far quieter and rides the best. Don't be fooled by the "small" v8 is packs a decent punch and can squirt to 100 in around 5.5s. Not to mention it has far more features than any of the others and bang for buck is way better. Don'tget me wrong I love my aussie cars we still have 2 but the Fuga is a hard one to pass up- search around to get a good looking one.

kazbanz, Dec 10, 4:12am
take a Fuga for a drive if you get a chance. You will be pleasantly surprised.
Its in the Limo class cars so is even higher grade the the mark X you owned

honels1, Dec 10, 10:41am
Thanks for that, I love my Aussie cars too. I currently have 1999 VT commodore SS which has done me well. Great to get feedback on the Fuga as its hard to find anything on the net. I'll definitely be looking to take one a test drive.

honels1, Dec 10, 10:54am
Thanks for that I will look at taking a Fuga for a test drive.

vtecintegra, Dec 10, 7:33pm
They're called the Infiniti M in the States so you could Google that.

monaro17, Dec 10, 8:45pm
just be weary because they are Japanese new many don't have cruise control as standard equipment it is an optional extra. Be sure to look for ones with buttons the right hand side of the horn pad- this is the cruise control buttons.

vtecintegra, Jul 3, 7:01pm
On the plus side it's far easier to find a Fuga with that option ticked than it is to find a Skyline or Legacy GT with cruise