Toyota Highlander

timbo69, Dec 19, 7:01pm
Any one own one? what do you think? how bad on fuel are they? looking new or near new.

intrade, Dec 19, 7:03pm
lexus s.u.v. amariacan fuel consumption springs to mind gallons of fuel there.

stevo2, Dec 19, 7:08pm
A mate has one and he says it uses its fair share of gas but he only does 10,000km p/a so is not concerned. He has had no problems with it at all (bought new).
He says its a lovely car to travel in.

bwg11, Dec 19, 9:06pm
Will be my next vehicle. Had diesel Prado's, currently a FJ with the same power-train as the Highlander. Been 100% trouble free. Filled up with petrol yesterday, all around town, Xmas traffic, 14.8 litres per 100 km. Have seen 10.6 for a tank full on the open road at a 110 kph cruise.

Would expect better from a new Highlander, they are a more slippery shape and have an extra gear. The V6 is a pleasure to drive, smooth and quiet with more than adequate power over a 4000 rpm rev range. Personally, I would never go back to a common rail diesel.

msigg, Dec 19, 9:35pm
Yes excellent vehicle, very smooth and good reliability, will hog the fuel if you push it, plenty of power on tap, price of fuel now makes them affordable, as for above I prefer the diesel prado, I love the pulling power of a diesel, as petrol rises in price the diesel will be better, not happening anytime soon, each to their own, you got to remember it is a 2500kg vehicle so will be a bit heavier on gas if hilly, stop start running. best to take one for a test drive and compare.

thunderbolt, May 25, 9:32am
I didn't like the previous version, but I would happily grab one of the new USA built versions currently sold here.
Not many common problems with either from what I heard, just didn't like the ride in the earlier model.