Thoughts on these cars please?. Older Lexus.

jeff1234, Sep 2, 10:16pm
In the UK most likely 99% are manual transmission.

tgray, Sep 2, 11:38pm
I took it as one.

geedubu, Sep 3, 4:20am
I have had a very good run with the Japan market Lexus cars that were branded as a Toyota at home & think they are a bargain in NZ. No point in paying more for a Lexus badge & leather upholstery (I prefer good fabric anyway). Otherwise they have the same exceptional build quality and plus factors as the identical export branded Lexus. Have you thought about a Toyota Harrier SUV? They are amazingly comfortable & great for a 2 hour drive. OK, not brilliant on gas; not the best offroad (but OK over a paddock or on gravel). Quite versatile for the occasional tow & a lounge room on wheels for comfort. Handling is OK for an SUV. They are getting very cheap these days.

kazbanz, Sep 3, 4:41am
geedubo--it just shows--different strokes for different folks. The Harrier is a vehicle I genuinely don't like. Its IMO a wallowy bus.
Yet I LOVE my Bevis that has the same drive train.

westwyn, Sep 3, 6:33am
Kaz, correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't use the same drivetrain at all. Brevis / Progres has the 1JZ-FSE / 2JZ-FSE inline north-south six cylinder with 4 or 5-stage automatic and rear wheel drive (there was a 4wd version too).
Harrier was Camry based, uses a 2.2-litre 5S-FE 4-cylinder east-west or 3-litre 1MZ-FE east-west V6, 4-speed auto and front-wheel-drive (with optional four-wheel-drive version).
As far as I'm aware they're a completely different platform.

grangies, Aug 4, 1:10am
Not keen on the Accord, they are lovely cars, but there's just something about them that make me lose all interest. I have driven a few .

The Brevis looks good, but I can't see any available for $3500.

Cheers for the advice.