New Mazda 3 that isn't. Nikan motors.

tamarillo, Aug 23, 9:14pm
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/71254235/the-case-of-the-mangled-mazda

This dealer should lose licences surely? And TM should out him.

There one Mazda 3, same colour, new, imported, private seller, on sale here right now. Coincidence? Or mates? Makes no mention of accident damage.

Aarrhhhgggg

kazbanz, Aug 23, 9:23pm
Stories like this are why I genuinely feel that there should be a clear demarcation Dealer--has yard/staff etc and Backyarder -Has nothing to loose by acting fraudulently.

stevo2, Aug 23, 9:40pm
5 vehicles listed on here at the moment

westwyn, Aug 24, 6:07am
This one will probably go further, once the gaze of the Commerce Commission fix upon this muppet-
1- attempting to circumvent standard Trader terms by pretending it's a "private sale"
2- not providing a CIN card for the vehicle
3- Reason for not providing a CIN is therefore not disclosing it's a statutory write-off on paperwork, thus withholding critical information from the consumer
4- Being a devious muppet in general.

westwyn, Aug 24, 6:13am
This and most other cases have nothing to do with a "clear demarcation" as a Dealer (Trader).
I'm an RMVT (and have been since the new regulations came in to force a decade ago). Yet I have no yard, no staff (I'm a sole trader)- does this make me somehow more likely to be fraudulent?
Answer- no- I trade off my own reputation within the industry and my integrity- just like 99.5% of RMVT's do.
RMVT Ratbags come in all shapes and sizes- I read most of the 25 or so MVDT cases that are heard each month, and there are far more yard-staff-established Trader cases heard than operators like me.
A ratbag is a ratbag no matter how they trade.

jmma, Aug 24, 6:17am
Nope, read stuff article again and see member it is listed under

jmma, Aug 24, 6:18am
Has 5 cars listed and no CIN displayed in any.

tamarillo, Aug 24, 6:26am
k
I did read it and could not find that trader.
The only car that fits is this one and since it is not from a dealer it fits well. I can't say it is, but it sure looks like it. Or is importing brand new Mazda 3s from Aussie to sale here privately common?

tamarillo, Aug 24, 7:27am
well Ill be.I really did try to find it! Thanks. And the other one clearly is not same car.

tamarillo, Aug 24, 7:28am
I WAS WRONG, NOT same car as shown below. Apologies.

tgray, Aug 24, 7:30am
Classified ads on Trademe do not require dealers to display CIN forms, as a contract cannot be entered into online.
Re auctions, they ARE required.

snoopy221, Aug 24, 7:42am
Thanks. suspect that be why listed as classified.

westwyn, Sep 4, 10:02am
Not necessarily- it's just that the law ONLY requires a CIN card to be displayed on-line (i.e. within your TradeMe listing) IF the purchase can be completed on-line, so an auction or buy-now. The majority of both private and Trader listings are classifieds- where you're advertising the car for sale with your contact details, the deal can't be completed through TradeMe by clicking a "BuyNow" or winning an auction. The law in that case doesn't require a CIN to be displayed online as you have to, in theory, negotiate with and conclude the deal with the vendor off-line. At which point, by law, the CIN must be displayed IN the vehicle (or a copy made available to you prior to agreeing to purchase) before you decide to buy.