Diesel additives

saltoftheearth, Jul 10, 6:45pm
Can anyone suggest a good diesel additive to help with starting and power gain would be an advantage?
Cheers.

budgel, Jul 10, 8:14pm
If it needs help starting I reckon you should add a new battery and glowplugs.

intrade, Jul 10, 10:55pm
its a must i have noumerous threads about this dont know if they have dropped off now since the last 10 years i tell to use a diesel additive.
the need started when sulfur was reduced in diesel. sulfur is a lubricant and the removal premature wears components , also the old diesel aromatics are lowerd almost removed in diesel these things did swell seals and keep them plyable.
The new low sulfur shrinks any seal and makes it hard and brittle over time.
So a diesel additive is basically a must to add extra lube and prolong the live of the shrinking seals.
I have to get some seals for commonrail diesel pump on a merc to seal it for a client as its seals have shrunk and its dripping diesel under high load.
there is morreys chemtech winns-edt flashlube. and possibly more , solong as its is diesel particular save additive you can use that on any diesel fuel.

mrfxit, Feb 24, 1:24am
2 stroke mix additives are also widely used by many owners in the clubs/ forums.
Apparently the air cooled engine mineral oils are slightly better then synthetic or marine engine oils.

Has the same effect as the specific additives