Cyclists with attitude

Page 2 / 2
franc123, Sep 6, 11:45am
Damn right, its that last bit that is the bit thats annoying, just because you are allowed to do something doesn't mean that its sensible to do so. Top marks to you for exercising common sense and consideration.

cammey, Sep 6, 8:25pm
I cycle on main roads, simply because I have to get get into town. (Im a commuter cyclist not a racer.)

I find most people are pretty good, and keep well clear, but there are always exceptions.

But the attitude thing goes both ways.

I try and keep well left, and make sure everyone can pass with plenty of clearance. I don't want to hold anyone up if I can avoid it.

But, when I am in my car, following a truck, I often notice that respect is not returned. The truckie will sit on the white line, at 70 km/hr oblivious to the dozen or more motorists held up behind him.

Strictly speaking, if I cant pass the truck safely, with 100m of clear visibility at the end of the manoeuvre, then I can't pass the truck.

Truckies are lucky they don't need to treat cyclists the same way, all the cyclist wants is 1.5m, not an entirely separate lane !

extrayda, Sep 6, 8:55pm
I think most cyclists are like you, unfortunately it's the $%&#heads that everyone notices, and then it becomes perception that all cyclists are like that. In the last year I think that cyclists in general have become much more sensible than they used to be. I rarely have any issue with them at all now.

delerium1, Sep 7, 12:12am
Wow, look out everybody, we got an internet bad ass here. tell you what, post your full name and drivers license number and Ill lay a complaint to the police

trogedon, Sep 7, 1:27am
This is the statement you made up " if you hit me i'll die and you will be at fault, therefore i can do whatever i like." posted in your previous post. No one, not least a cyclist said it, apart from you.

seadubya, Sep 7, 1:31am
Do you use the roads? I hope you don't blindly assume you are right, when your eyesight is so obviously deceiving you.

trogedon, Sep 7, 1:34am
Sorry, you're right it was tweake not you. I need a long bicycle ride in a major road to clear my head.

seadubya, Sep 7, 1:37am
No worries pal, enjoy your ride.

lookoutas, Sep 7, 2:23am
If you look close, those trucks had their right hand wheels over the centre line and there was plenty of oncoming traffic to boot.

chas10, Jul 18, 3:08am
If you had bothered to read the entire thread and my previous posts you would realise I was just being sarcastic to make a point to the impatient and aggressive motorists.