Is there any Mitsi experts lurking around

Page 1 / 2
bigfatmat1, Apr 8, 6:13am
Maybe someone that works at a dealership that is familiar with their diagnostics system?

happylad3, Apr 8, 7:00am
Depends what you need to know. I work for a local service agent. How can i help? Is it a specific feature of MUT?

happylad3, Apr 8, 7:01am
A.Woodrow might be along and able to help. He works for mitsi too.

bigfatmat1, Apr 8, 7:12am
I have a freshly imported colt. It arrived with speedo not working, which was ok usual story computer fried from a bad stereo install. There was no bracket for ecm. This leads me to believe the computer has been out in Japan. Anyway I had two fault codes one for a battery current sensor and another for a rear 02 sensor. These two items are not fitted to this engine. Anyways I replaced ecm now I have just the p0141 code for rear o2 sensor. What I was wondering is there any variant coding or way of removing rear 02 sensor out of the ecm. I can do this sort of thing on our dealership equipment but of course that's no help on a mitsi. Its a 08 colt with a 4a90 engine.

bigfatmat1, Apr 8, 7:13am
I did ring parts to check if the correct ecm had been used but the number did not crossover. They could not come up with a number either

happylad3, Apr 8, 7:33am
So I'm assuming that if you try clear the fault code it comes straight back on? As far as I'm aware, there isn't any way to remove an o2 sensor from the data lists.

I'd still suggest that it's the incorrect ecu has been used. Is there any part numbers on them? Should be MDXXXXXX or similar. The x's are a number. I'm surprised that they couldn't cross reference the proper numbers.

bigfatmat1, Apr 8, 7:43am
yep clear code just comes straight back. I cannot find any info on vehicle so diagnosing it blind. I can see a voltage on the data stream it just sits at .460v which leads me to believe it is looking for a titania sensor. I cant even find a ecm pinout

happylad3, Apr 8, 7:57am
That's a weird one. I'd try ringing the parts guys again and getting them to look on the Japanese ASA for the part number. I still find it odd that they couldn't give you that.

Edit: it MIGHT be possible to force a reprogramming onto the ecu. BUT if it's the wrong type of ecu it could render it useless.

a.woodrow, Apr 8, 8:10am
As per post 6, maybe wrong ecu fitted. Shouldn't be a problem to check correct ecu part no, if you can post the chassis no I can check it for you tomorrow. AFAIK, there isn't any way to programme out an O2 sensor, although to be honest not an issue I've run into before.

happylad3, Apr 8, 8:15am
Good on ya A.Woodrow. I would have a look on our parts. But I only have basic idea on how to use ASA. Just enough to check what service item part numbers are.

a.woodrow, Apr 8, 8:20am
Chassis number I need will be something like Z23W-123456, Mitsi's parts look up is pretty good, I would be very surprised if the ECM p/n isn't listed, Also if you could check if there is a part number on ecu - either a MD number as mentioned above or possibly a JC number.

bigfatmat1, Apr 8, 9:21am
cool thanks guys

rlr29, Apr 8, 10:10am
This car runs with this ECU? Any other weirdness? Missing spare wheel? Odometer correct? English prompts and text? Shows KM. or Miles?

mrfxit, Apr 8, 8:39pm
Blown light bulb (anywhere)
Aftermarket ign key

(theres some weird stuff out there)
Might be able to do a sucker job & fit a suitable resister in line

intrade, Apr 8, 9:04pm
ok rear o2 sensor is always a oxigen sensors use the wiring diagram and check the wires are ok to the computer
the rear o2 is used to mesure cat efficiency i would put a emission tester in the tail pipe and see what hc levels it emmits to figure if the cat is working or melted.
the rear o
o2 triggers cat efficiency codes thats what it is there for on any car for checking the cats efficiency
put it like this the rear o2 dont needs to be anything else then a oxygen sensor as it mesures the storage capacity of oxigen the cat is capable to store when the engine computer switches lean
So what you should do on your fanzy dangle obd scanner is look up cat efficiency and monitor fuel status if it enters closed loop and if the data stream is switching the front o2 sensor if you have no emission tester handy . All stuff that applys to any car with a cat not just mitsubishi. You have to find out if mitsi used a new fangle divise to mesure rear o2 activity = studying system designe another thing that must be done tick the boxes of what works
often on new cars a relearn of components must be initialised to pair up all modules and components . system design study again.

intrade, Apr 8, 9:36pm
also p0. are global obd2 codes not oem codes . The components are emission stuff but you must check oem codes and actuator tests and monitors also never just look in one room always check both rooms . This is where my launch idiag is a bugger the global obd stuff dont works and i think it dont works for any launch tools as the nz diagnostic guy calls global obd crap. it is actuarly not, but you need a good high spec global obd 2 tool , i run the unicarscan for global obd2 only codes and streams .
launch seems to have the global obd2 mixed in on there oem software , but it should be a seperate room as global obd2 is only emission stuff.

intrade, Apr 8, 9:40pm
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0141
its a heater code so did you look where the wires go and if a fuse is blowen or no earth supply i can turn on heater on our dacia sandero with the dacia software and my idiag android nexus 5 as a actuator test function, you would mesure with the multimeter or scope if power is on the o2 sensor heater when its commanded to be on usually for like 5 secounds the tests last on my tool

intrade, Apr 8, 9:44pm
As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0141. See also: P0135 (Bank 1, Sensor 1).

if i read this then the first thing i be doing is test the coolant temperture sensor is ok in both rooms global obd and oem and wth the scope to see if the scantool data is true as its processed data not live data .
i hope you can see why i would be doing this when reading what they write to that code .

bigfatmat1, Apr 8, 10:14pm
I realize this intrade there is no rear 02 sensor never had one.

mechnificent, Apr 8, 10:38pm
Ha.

You may not be able to stop it trying to read the sensor that isn't there, but it may be possible to stop it setting a trouble code by rewriting the rom. That's easier and fairly common.

You should have a look at the evoscan website Mat.
If you give Hamish an email and he might be able to help. He was hands on running the whole show a few years back and used to be really helpful. The software he wrote was world leading for a while.

bigfatmat1, Apr 8, 11:21pm
Here is chassis number Dba-Z21a xsjh 7 z21a 0605683

intrade, Apr 8, 11:28pm
so how does it do catalisator efficiency testing on that?
do you have the wiring diagramm for it?

bigfatmat1, Apr 8, 11:28pm
E6t74680 h11 1425 or 8631a848 ecm number

a.woodrow, Apr 9, 12:23am
you need an ecu with 8631A606 written on it

bigfatmat1, Apr 9, 12:31am
Thanks can you see on a parts breakdown a rear 02 sensor?