Is there any Mitsi experts lurking around

Page 2 / 2
a.woodrow, Apr 9, 1:00am
Nope not applicable for that vehicle, it only has 1 fitted (in front of cat)

bigfatmat1, Apr 9, 2:41am
Thanks for that exactly what I thought incorrect ecu now to try find a replacement

intrade, Apr 9, 3:48am
so can you check how that car checks for catalist eficiency while your at it in the documents one needs to know this stuff . for the future .

a.woodrow, Apr 9, 7:07am
Sorry Intrade I was looking at parts info not service. Doesn't look like they check cat efficiency at all, I'm guessing it's a dumbed down system that only has basic exhaust measurements to adjust the mixture

a.woodrow, Apr 9, 7:15am
On a further note, some of that model DID have the option of a second o2 sensor (not this one though) as it was shown in the parts book but listed as not applicable (hence the other incorrect ECU, clearly from a 2 sensor system).

Also, oddly, the ECU p/n wasn't recognised or priced, which is probably why your first dealer couldn't help. I could see the ECU p/n in ASA was similar to the number you had given me. Most likely not loaded into MMNZ's system as they've probably never sold one before

evo_spares, Apr 9, 7:17am
The correct ECU part number for that chassis is 8631A606. It is possible to turn off periphery bits within the ECU to disable functions or force lookup responses but its time comsuming and requires dissasembly with software like hex rays IDA pro https://www.hex-rays.com/products/ida/. I woundnt waste time with the JOBD protocol, MUT is quicker thanks to faster baud and much more comprehensive

bigfatmat1, Apr 9, 7:33am
Thanks a.woodrow and evo_spares

snoopy221, Apr 9, 7:47am
End of zee day ole matt-(bigfatmatt) has been around long enough
And technical information FROM COMPETENT PEOPLE- is a part of this forum.
As in WRONG E C U

happylad3, Apr 9, 7:53am
Glad ya found the problem. Now you just gotta find the right ecu. That's half the battle sometimes.

Have you opened the old one up? Is it repairable?

bigfatmat1, Apr 9, 8:46am
The old ecu is the wrong one thats the ecu number above. Yes it was repairable just a blowen transistor on board from someone connecting the speedo wire to earth when installing radio. Car came into country with speedo not working check light on. Two codes current sensor fault (not fitted ) and rear 02 sensor (not fitted) Also the ecm mounting bracket missing. I came to conclusion incorrect ecm incorrect I phoned mitsi no help. So left it in the hands of the parts guy whom got another ecm off a 4a90. This ecu is also incorrect Just one code rear o2 sensor Now I have the right number I can try and track another ecm.

intrade, Mar 21, 2:07pm
a.woodrow can you check the emission compliance of that is that euro 4 only and the other euro 5 ? or are they the same .