Victa 2 stroke. stopping problem

jason18, Jan 11, 7:45am
Hey guys.

Stripped carby and found a big leaf in it that was making it run like shit. All back together but can't get the sensors to turn it off.
The rubber bung where it goes in is all broken at the end. I'm guessing new one of these and they will sit where they need too? Touch them together and they stop. Tempted just to run a small switch

jmma, Jan 11, 8:02am
They are a shocking system for a cut off.
Yes go with a switch, I usually drill a hole in the top cover and fit a nice toggle switch. Job done.
You will throw the mower over a cliff trying to get the old system working.

jason18, Jan 11, 8:20am
Hahaha cheers mate. Switch it is! It wasnt working overly well as it was lol

motorboy2011, Jan 11, 9:02am
Ask a small child to pull the HT lead. Quite an expensive system though, each kid is usually only smart enough to do it one time.

edangus, Jan 11, 9:07am
I threw my Victa out after 3 years of this type of crap (it was around $1300) every year I would have to replace the sensors and rubbish (around $300) Went down the road and bought a $400 Morrison (that was 8 years ago and it aint missed a beat). Gutted

jason18, Jan 11, 9:12am
Haha have had my victa for around 9 years now. Apart from a the front wheel falling off and general parts like plug and blades. Its been perfect. Amazing how easy to strip and clean the carby was !

jason18, Jan 11, 9:13am
LOL I reckon I could get my 2 kids to do it a couple of times haha.

electromic, Feb 12, 1:08am
I usually fit a switch to them too. My Victa Razor has been used commercially for 9 years and the original stopping system has just failed. I will waste an hour trying to fix the original system and then fit a switch. Most owners/users I have seen just turn off the fuel tap.