Au door not locking

belle34, Sep 23, 11:27pm
the rear door will not lock even when the central locking system is on.

elect70, Sep 24, 1:43am
Actuator stuffed ,? take door panel off & see if its working .

mileyfan73, Sep 25, 7:18am
It will be the Actuator,just had same problem with my EF.Not a big job to swap over.

franc123, Sep 25, 7:57am
EF/EL actuator is a separate unit to the latch, its quite a different job to doing an integral one like fitted to AU. AU ones are repairable, often its a case of replacing a stripped cog within it. If this is what's gone wrong an auto sparky who knows what to do who can get the parts can fix it relatively cheaply. This is more common than the motor itself actually dying and fixing is a better option than fitting a whole used assembly. Good luck.

whqqsh, Sep 25, 8:24am
my AU had the same (back passengers door from memory) but because it wouldn't lock popped all the other doors open too. easy fix though

richardmayes, Sep 25, 8:47am
Ours sometimes locks. and then immediately pops back up again. Cause is right rear door external handle mechanism is a bit dry and sometimes doesn't close fully, preventing the latch from latching. Some weekend when I don't have anything better to do (ha! maybe when Mr 3 and Ms 2 are all grown up) a bit of locksmith's graphite dust will probably free it up.

kazbanz, Sep 25, 6:42pm
belle-have someone sit right next to the door and have a listen. they should hear a noise of the actualtor trying to work. if they DO then I agree with Franc if you hear nothing then Id say you need a replacement actuator.

belle34, Apr 29, 3:13am
thnak you everyone for the information, sorry I have been unable to access the internet for a few days. :-)