Japanese Import Vin Number

bashfulbro, Jun 19, 2:02am
Does anyone know how i can find out where in Japan my car came from.
It is a fresh import, i suspect, it may have been flood damaged, but all paper work , clearly states it was not imported as a damaged vehicle.
Everywhere i have searched the vin number, it comes up blank.
Any tips ?

kazbanz, Jun 19, 2:28am
You could find out the name/branch of the place that issued the first WOF.
From there you could contact them and ask for the compliance sheet.
no promise you will get it. You can also ask the dealer for the original auction sheet. from his purchase.

bashfulbro, Jun 19, 2:52am
Thanks Kaz, that`s a good start.,I know a WOF check,would not have shown up the problem i have found, but i understand that the compliance check is a lot more thorough, and would , or, should, have shown the problem.

scar13, Jul 5, 1:37am
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/choosing-the-right-vehicle/recalls-and-damaged-vehicles/flood-and-fire-damaged-vehicles/

heres the nz register of water and fire damaged vehicles.

these vehicles are on this list due to flood/fire damage history being picked up either from the rego history from country of origin or as a result of the compliance inspection in NZ.

weather or not a vehicle is "imported as damaged" or not, does not at all guarentee wether or not the vehicle has been water/fire damaged. But if it is picked up either by previous rego history or compliance inspection it will be on the list above.

westwyn, Mar 24, 2:25am
Just to clarify and perhaps direct the advice, what makes you suspect it has been flood damaged?