Toyota mk X, any issues?

tamarillo, Apr 4, 4:11am
Learnt a bit about them but interested in any experienced people have useful thoughts?

Worried that as jap market only parts would be problem?

Seems rugged Toyota - lexus mechanics and the 2.5 is cam chain. One I drive wasn't very quick but guess it's a heavy solid thing.

monaro17, Apr 4, 4:41am
I wouldn't have thought parts would be an issue. I too like them, they seem a very nice well put together car and for the money I would take one over a horrid Camry any day

tamarillo, Apr 4, 8:07pm
Agree, Camry is solid safe reliable dullness. When using rentals a lot I had a note on account asking to please not give me Camry. But that's how Toyota wanted it and to be fair it works. But not for me. Mk X is rear wheel drive, and in very brief drive felt more interesting with reasonable talk in steering.
Normally get euros and tempted by another bmw but maybe this is a reliable cheaper to run euro equivalent.

kimbo88, Apr 4, 10:38pm
Great cars, but better in the 3.0 litre option - or in the very latest models in the 3.5 version. The 3.0 litre went through to late 2009 when it was replaced by the 3.5. You can get the 3.0 litre in either the S Package (has the sports wheels and dark interior with carbon fibre trim instead of woodgrain trim), or the G or G Premium versions (in the lighter coloured upholstery or leather and woodgrain trim).

tgray, Apr 4, 11:35pm
One of my very favourite cars.

rozendaal, Apr 4, 11:45pm
They were sold in NZ back in the day as Cressidas.

oemaudio, Apr 5, 1:37am
Are you smoking something funny in your time machine? Cressidas were stopped nearly 20 years ago.

brigette6, Apr 5, 2:44am
I own one and havent had any problems with it

rozendaal, Apr 7, 12:26am
The Cressida was a Mark 2 variant made for the NZ and Australian market, the Mark 2 evolved into the Mark 10.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Mark_II

tamarillo, Mar 25, 1:06pm
Bit too loose an association I reckon. The Cressida that was in nz was a much earlier version of the mark II than the one that evolved in to the mark X. Only things alike is they're big Toyotas.
Anyway, thanks all. Good to find theres no particular problems. Looking forward to seeing if it touches the euro bent enough for me,many is well built and reliable as toyotas are reputed to be.

Cheers,