ntalke, Sep 6, 1:19am

tony9, Sep 6, 1:46am
Says a lot about Commode drivers.

tamarillo, Sep 6, 4:23am
Nah his foot slipped that's all.

v8_mopar, Sep 6, 4:35am
Whatever makes you feel better

extrayda, Sep 6, 4:54am
Hell yes, that's definitely true. The issue was that the commodore didn't have enough power to break traction, so accelerated instead, then with poor handling crashed into the building.
A ford would have lit the tyres up instantly, so minimal forward motion while doing the burnout.
I assume that is what you were saying? ;-)

gunhand, Sep 6, 5:06am
So what your saying is, the Ford has no ability to put its power to good use other than sit mindlessly making smoke where as the Holden is half way to where it's going before the Ford makes any progress at all? All be it the Holden powered itself straight into a wall.

v8_mopar, Sep 6, 5:15am
#7 Don't be silly, you just turn traction control back on

gunhand, Sep 6, 5:22am
True, lol.

3tomany, Sep 6, 6:28am
I bet the heap of junk tank slapped

mileyfan73, Sep 6, 6:34am
Ford inline 6 = 157kw.Holden V6=147kw. I can't see that being the case.

v8_mopar, Sep 6, 6:49am
That must be an old straight 6 as my FG 6 is 195kw

Plus a bent six takes after its owner ;) . I may soon pay for that comment lol

neell, Sep 6, 7:23am
v8_mopar, I'll do it - does the same apply to a bent 8?

v8_mopar, Sep 6, 7:35am
#13 yes I may have walked into that one lol.

Answer no!

beetle1234, Sep 6, 8:04am
So what happen,d here is some young fella try,d to do a burnout,an happend to be driv,n a commodore,sweet as failed.Bad new,s hit a cop shop.So question is?should he be try,n to do a burnout,wrong place to try attempted burnout,pissed. Probably had a coupla beevie,s. but what a hoot,he won,t do it twice. Question asked is How many on here have done the same (apart from hitting the cop shop). Boy,s will be boy,s an yep my ole AP5 could lay rubber,tho used to spit diff head,s. Fix it an back out nxt week. We also forget that we were young bugga,s once.

extrayda, Sep 6, 8:10am
That comment is horrific. In what way can a burnout EVER be mindless, unless its a FWD one? Wash your mouth out with some 91 and go buy a Prius.

To be honest I was just taking the piss, I've happily owned several Fords / Holdens and Chev powered Holdens (302, 308, 351, 350, 383, 460) All good fun cars. I'm not really brand specific, if it has 8 cylinders and preferably a Carb (yes, I'm old), then I will probably like it. Never owned Mopar simply because they are out of my price range (kicked myself MANY years back when was offered a Charger with a 360 in it for a good price, but didn't buy it)!

extrayda, Sep 6, 8:11am
Also to me a burnout should at least start from static, not by trying to break it loose round a corner.

gunhand, Sep 6, 8:20am
Well I thought this was gunna be a good ol piss take as well lol. Like you Ive owned all manner of car ute and other. Many makes and sizes. I work on them all day every day and always have a laugh at the passion (well over the top passion) people can have for plastic, steal and rubber that isn't a sentient life form.
These days there all held together in the same way. plastic clips. All made by robots or people using robots. So when ya arguing makes ya really arguing whose robot is better lol.
All good fun till someone looses a piston I guess.
Oh, and I drive a Toyota now. and I have lots to compare it with lol.
Also, Im drinkin Bourbon right now. a slight step above 91 thank you.

esky-tastic, Sep 6, 9:50am
If ya have to use the brakes to get tyres smoking you probably need more power - or shouldn't be trying to do a skid!

mileyfan73, Sep 6, 12:40pm
Yes,was comparing the VT to an AU.Same era :) 195kw would be nice!

hunter69, Sep 6, 1:19pm
The bit I like is that they said nobody was harmed,didnt they ask the poor car how it felt LOL

extrayda, Sep 6, 7:53pm
Good point. I meant from standstill as in just stepping on the gas should be enough. Admittedly my last car had a 3500 stall so took more effort to avoid losing traction. By car I mean V8. Now I drive an Estima so not much in the way of traction problems, although obviously still a very desirable car ;-)

extrayda, Sep 6, 7:56pm
I remember back when the 185i Senators were "the thing". Now the six has more power. Cars are much more powerful now, but to me the newer stuff isn't the same. I know it is safer more economical more powerful, but just less interesting.

extrayda, Sep 6, 9:00pm
haha all good. Passion is all good, but the one-eyed 'xxxx is the best, all the rest is crap' makes me laugh.
After accidentally drinking some 95 while taking some gas from the tank to pour down the carb, I can tell you it tastes bad and repeats on your for the rest of the day ! Bourbon probably a bit better than that.

mainlander05, Sep 6, 10:33pm
And draining some clowns tank when putting petrol in the diesel tank don't taste any better either.to scared to fart near a naked flame I tell ya.

clark20, Sep 6, 11:34pm
Then you haven't driven a good new one, my SSV redline is very interesting and fun.