Mitsi ASX Diesel 4WD 2015 model

markv1, Jul 23, 9:15am
Looking at upgrading our aged Ford Escape with a late model/new vehicle with 4WD and came across the Mitsi ASX 2.3 litre Diesel 2015 as a possible option. Good price for a new vehicle - 34k incuding ORC and economical 6L/100kms. I also like the fact it is not full-time AWD and also has a diff lock. Has anyone else had experience with these vehicles? - I compare to Mazda CX-5, RAV4 and seem good value for money when comparisons made.

brapbrap8, Jul 23, 10:27pm
Yes the ASX is the same size as the Mazda CX-3.
The Mitsubishi Outlander is more like the CX-5.

It is definetly good value still in it's segment as it is quite a bit cheaper than a diesel CX-3, and also comes with the best warranty out of any brand.
Just depends how large you need your new vehicle to be, modern cars are pretty roomy so you might find it is big enough.

helsbels2, Jul 23, 11:26pm
Chch Mitsi had a few of these ex rentals 6 months old but the one we took for a drive was sluggish and had terrible road noise. And was a bit small. Was very basic inside ie eg still used a manual key, few extras Not sure if that was a bad one or not but we bought the CX 5 instead. Actually the new nissan xtrail was the quietest to drive

3tomany, Jul 23, 11:40pm
I saw that deal and it does look good, we have a ford kuga in our fleet and it is an awesome car. Would be interesting to drive both back to back and see what the difference is.

gman35, Jul 23, 11:46pm
The difference should be huge.
Prob. similar to comparing a Mitsi Mirage with a Mazda 2 you would find.

markv1, Jan 6, 8:30am
With the ASX you can select 4wd manually and it also has diff lock which is appealing when comparing to a RAV4, Kuga or Mazda CX3 OR 5 which only have constant AWD I believe.