Toyota ad

Page 2 / 2
lk104, Dec 2, 5:59am
Exactly, most on hear have no idea when it comes to marketing. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

lk104, Dec 2, 6:05am
Hard to argue with your points. However now that Toyota have fixed the previous issues and now have an Auto 2WD in the market, I think they will bridge that gap. Towing capacity has been addressed with new model.
Without Ranger what else Ford have?
Makes them very vulnerable if that starts losing sales.

2get1, Dec 2, 6:15am
have they fixed the tow capacity tho. It was only 2months ago I was in the stealership looking at both run outs and the new model and was under the impression, given by salesperson. that the hilux still can not match the 3500kg tow capacity of the ranger. Toyota really need to replace that engine, ift hats all its got power wise. The figures haven't changed much year to year,if changed at all. The ranger has a heap more grunt and you hardly even know that 3500kgs is behind you.

Agree about what else Ford have, in the ute market ,nothing. but Toyota only have the hilux. They both have small and large cars, vans SUVs etc.

Hey Im a huge fan of the Hilux and they hold their value well. Don't know if the ranger will but I needed that tow capacity. Was asking for trouble if I got caught with 3500 to 4000kgs behind the hilux, like I used to.

lookoutas, Dec 2, 7:36am
You wouldn't wanta breakdown in Te Kuiti and have to find a mechanic!

henderson_guy, Dec 2, 7:52am
I don't really have an opinion on it. It's a clever idea, it's just not as memorable as previous ads I think. It's certainly not the evil incarnation that some seem to claim though

seadubya, Dec 2, 8:08am
Are you forgetting the best doublecab 4x4 on the NZ market? Not surprising I suppose since it is priced far higher than the others.
http://www.toyota.co.nz/our-range/land-cruiser/land-cruiser-lc70-series/specifications/lx-double-cab-chassis/

sifty, Dec 2, 8:17am
Well I thought Toyota lost the plot when they taught that dog to say a SWEAR on th' telly.
Cripes, there could be childrens watching and saying that word in front of God at church.

lookoutas, Dec 2, 8:18am
Bit of a change from having a VW recommended?

2get1, Dec 2, 8:19am
shit I had, sorry and I owned a couple of FJ'40s back in the day to

seadubya, Dec 2, 8:25am
One day they will be secondhand enough that I can get one, the Mrs doesn't think it's a good idea to buy a vehicle that costs as much as our first house.

2get1, Dec 2, 8:28am
The Mega cruiser was quite a weapon to, but hardlya ute, and that's coming from someone that owned an H1 Hummer for awhile lol

Toyota held that top spot with the hilux for years, on reputation, as it wasn't the most powerfull or cheapest 4x4 ute out there. They have a lot of catching up to do now.

bjmh, Dec 2, 6:49pm
ha ha I tick his boxes quite well.

bjmh, Dec 2, 6:50pm

lk104, Dec 2, 7:04pm
You're in trouble now!
All the people who do not have a sense of humour will vote off you link, its disrespecting animals you know.

bjmh, Dec 2, 9:49pm
they can do whatever yanks their crank,i've hunted for 50yrs . so a bit late to change now

lookoutas, Dec 3, 5:46am
Heathen.

gram, Dec 21, 4:40am

bwg11, May 21, 10:00am
Don't know why people respond to social media "outrage". Look at the numbers behind the "Red Peak" fiasco.