Imported Jaguar XJ8 circa 2006

Page 2 / 2
tony461, Jan 4, 8:33pm
Thanks twincam, I've been looking for a while, and compared to what I've seen and prices asked, I'm happy. Picking it up in the next couple of days.

twincam1, Jan 4, 8:39pm
My wife had 300 D for 12yrs, never cost anything outside of normal maintenance. She now has late model C200 and loves it.

horsygirl, Jan 4, 9:09pm
Oil leaks, oil leaks, oil leaks.

hers.nz, Jan 4, 11:38pm
The Merc or the Jag?

timmo1, Jan 5, 3:09am
OP, have you considered/driven a Lexus GS430 or LS430?

ie.http://www.trademe.co.nz/Br-
owse/CategoryAttributeSearchRe-
sults.aspx?key=656484296&a-
dvanced=1&rptpath=1-268-

pebbles61, Jan 5, 5:57am
Nothing wrong with a few drops of oil on the driveway, that what they're there for _b

tony461, Jan 9, 3:06am
It sipped diesel at 7.9l/100km for the trip, I wasn't driving to conserve.

How's your decision going Hers?
I'm sorry for using your thread again, but it's better than starting a whole thread for this post.
I'm so glad I chose the 3Ltr 6 cylinder diesel engine. I picked the c320 cdi up on Tuesday (link above). It exceeded my expectations. It's a drivers car, and performs like a sports car. The 3L 6 Diesel develops it's massive 510Nm's (224bhp) of torque at 3800 revs, the C350, a 3.5 ltr petrol one does 350Nm (272bhp) at 6500 revs. The diesel turns a lazy 16-1800 revs when sitting at 100-120k. With its 7 speed box, it just powers smoothly through, pushing you back onto the seat. I haven't found the acceleration limit yet due to commonsense prevailing. Top speed is around 250k/hr and it hugs the roads beautifully. That engine is a cracker, and the car was mint with only light blemishes on the outside.

Very glad it came with its manuals, I'm still reading and learning. There's so much to it. Youtube is a great help with this model.

trade4us2, Jan 10, 6:39am
That looks almost identical to mine.
That seems cheap for the low mileage. That would probably have aluminium panels and is therefore lighter. I am very pleased with my older XJ8.

richard198, Jan 10, 7:41am
Choice motor! Coming from Japan, it'll have been driven like a lamb.
A real Jag in excellent condition.

phillip.weston, Jan 10, 6:07pm
Yuuuucckkk. not even in the same class. Reliable and powerful sure - but it's not a Jag.

eagles9999, Jan 10, 10:34pm
Does "personally selected" mean Robinsons actually go to Jpan and personally choose each vehicle? OR does it mean they have an agent like most other dealer importers and the "personally elected" is just advert hype?

lespat, Jan 10, 10:58pm
Doesn't matter either way. If dealer uses an agent, they will know the dealer's parameters & requirements and only supply like cars to ensure they have an ongoing business relationship. A one off deal is not what an agent wants.

by_hdt, Jan 10, 11:36pm
Might pay to get with the times, Jags havn't leaked oil since the XJ40. Seen more leaky Toyota's than I have Jags.

jason18, Jan 10, 11:42pm
Funnily enough I was watching an old top gear yesterday that had the supercharged version on it. They loved it. Only thing is they kept refering to the grill as being ugly and to go for the other grill?

jmma, Feb 18, 9:08am
Is that you jazz (o: