What do you think about this Mazda.

monaro17, Mar 10, 5:04am
Too expensive, sure It is low kms but it is essentially a vehicle from the 1990s. Good cars when they were new or near new but for that money you can buy a much better car

kazbanz, Mar 10, 5:37am
that money buys you a mid 2000's mazda 3 with low k's or a bunch of other 2000's cars

franc123, Mar 10, 5:41am
If they like it, buy it, but once it gets put into normal use and racking up the kms its going to depreciate like buggery, I'd buy it ONLY because its a low k SP20 but wouldn't personally pay more than 9k for it. These were very much overshadowed in the market by the more exciting Axela models that followed.

mrsglaucoma11, Mar 10, 5:47am
Too late. They have just brought it-against my better judgement, Hasn't had a service since 15,000k(In japan prior 2008) and cambelt is now 13 years old. $1299 for 3 year Autosure warranty and 14.90 % finance.

tamarillo, Mar 10, 6:03am
Hey they obviously had a good feeling about it. If they plan on keeping it, it should provide excellant service and save money on repair bills. Plus they've something they obviously liked and wanted. Sometimes its ok to pay over the odds in the long term.
You're right about cambelt though I suspect. Despite age they need replacing after too many years.

sr2, Mar 10, 6:47am
+1, shakes head in disbelief.

saxman99, Mar 10, 7:35am
Hope they got a kiss first.

jason_247, Mar 10, 8:20am
oil needs to be changed every year minimum.
it still ages whether it gets used or not.

jcwholesale, Mar 10, 8:22am
What a bunch of pompous prats you guys are. The people liked the car, whether it be expensive or not, that doesn't matter to them, the finance rate is about average, of course all you guys pay cash, wouldn't finance. Tsk tsk.
I come here for the humour & bullshit on this board, but this just irritated me, with your pious self opinionated BS.
Thanks guys will watch you for the next 6 months before I comment again. :-)

tamarillo, Mar 10, 9:45am
Did you read ALL the posts?

franc123, Mar 10, 9:57am
I think a certain pompous prat needs to read properly. Nobody said don't buy it, there were only suggestions that it wasn't a particularly sharp deal for its age, especially so on HP. The car itself I'm sure would be one of the best available anywhere and if you particularly fancied it, why not? They're were a good little rocket in its era.

poppajn, Mar 10, 6:43pm
Not down here it dos'nt Kaz, car's are expensive in the south.
As an example, I paid $9500 for a 2005 Vitz with 74,000, my partner got a 2005 Funcargo with 57,000 from Auckland for $5,500

intrade, Mar 10, 7:21pm
mazda are about the worst car to get any spear parts for
and if you can get em they cost like if it was a rollsroyce.
example
i had a ford telstar its a mazda 626 with a ford badge
so the internal heater core blew out went to mazda when it was 7 years old yes we can get you a new heater core its 540$ 14 day ex japan
i said how mutch, you seem to have accidently added a 0 or something , nop , ok thanks good by , and i left.
Example i also needed a new rediator core for a fiat punto
27 euro ex germany 12 days it was here. not 14 from japan.
example
mazda capella 2001 rear brakes client brings brake pads to fit ,
i charge normal rates if they bring own parts. part did not fit , so i went and got the right brake parts. thecorrect parts where for a 1990s subaru acording to the packet , mazda seem to fit on there vehicles what ever is on special this week for the production line .
example
mazda capella 94 engine and transmission. naigbour has had 5 mazda wrecks for parts to repair his, Not 1 had the same part as the one he had , even the thermoastat housing did not fit for the same make and model when he wanted to swap that part over.
He now has a 1980s volvo still cant get parts but at least if he does find a same car the parts fit.
I dont know but that is more then enough to never buy a other mazda for me the telstar was the only mazda i ever owned .

jcwholesale, Mar 11, 5:56am
Some said look at all the posts, I did, & not all said it was all bad. But, I wouldn't pay more than 9k, 14.9% !, shakes head in disbelief, mid 2000 Axela's, 1500cc of course, boring, then of course since, the dearest parts & of course hope they got a kiss.
Mmmmm, you guys haven't even seen the car, don't know how long they will keep it, plus obviously they must have liked it.
My previous comment stands.
Have a good night people, critiquing people & cars you have never known or seen.
:-)

stevo2, May 5, 3:15pm
jcwholesale, people are critiquing the car because thats what they have been asked to do.
Take a look at the title to this thread
"What do you think about this Mazda. "